Programmers: Help mnml.nl

- open
dtunes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dtunes »

john clees wrote:
perhaps we can also start sticking a few interesting releases as well.. (another great idea) which I've pondered a few times about..

but never really made it a thing to do consistently..

I just figured people would complain...lol.

I think we shall...
i think this is not a good idea. to give more emphasis to some releases than the others will take away equality of this board: the actual point of forums is that the most popular threads get to be in the top of the section. plus i think moderators should stay independent and not favour any labels or releases.

just my 2c.
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

patrick bateman wrote:Here on this Danish site (http://www.housemusik.dk/forum/index.php) you can see that under 'DJ Profiler' (http://www.housemusik.dk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16), various DJ's have a profile page, where first post is an introduction/bio, plus pic... Rest of it is chart updates... I like this idea. On this site it used to be so, that the latest updated profile/chart was featured on the frontpage of the site...
yeah..I think that wuld be cool to have a section for labels..where in the first post theres an intro and presentation and then updates/ intervews from guys from the record label.. etc etc etc..

Just an Idea... In the frontpage..initial page before people go to the forum can be a page with ''digital release of the week'' , vinyl release of the week'', artist of the week'', live set of the week'' general chat topic of the week''...its just an idea...when people click on it it would be forward for the topic itself.

Think this would give dinamic..and for example for each selected artist of the week, we could make an intervew with him..

edit: I'm saying ...''of the week'' but could be of the month or something..
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

that's an easy solution....

perhaps we could put released of week of thread..:........

and also month of thread....

ummmmmm
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

month of: vinyl, digital, & netlabel releases are now new announcements in each section..

GREAT IDEA !!!

* done
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

dtunes wrote:i think this is not a good idea. to give more emphasis to some releases than the others will take away equality of this board
p.s. I can see your point and also feel it would force me to constantly listen to new releases. therefore I've implemented a release of (month here) announcement where the individuals can post it in the month it applies to have better communication of BRAND NEW RELEASES..
alexx.wolfe wrote:yeah..I think that wuld be cool to have a section for labels..where in the first post theres an intro
month of: vinyl, digital, & netlabel releases are now new announcements in each section..

GREAT IDEA !!!

* done

p.s. I think it's perfectly fine to post once for the initial thread to give it individuality, and another time in the announcement itself to communicate that its new..

:)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:
p.s. I can see your point and also feel it would force me to constantly listen to new releases. therefore I've implemented a release of (month here) announcement where the individuals can post it in the month it applies to have better communication of BRAND NEW RELEASES..
But John, do you listen to EVERY dj set posted in that section? Doesn't the same apply to that forum?

Of course I was happy that one of my mixes was sticky and also the Connect Four release, but if you can't do it for releases, then why can you do it for dj mixes?

Just a thought..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

So have the admins/owners decided what they will do?
Put on a Paypal donation button, will that be all?

:)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

realistically it's a never ending process of growth and implementation of new things and ideas..

at first several people didn't enjoy the 75 post per page vs the 50 it's always been. finally now : perhaps others may favor that idea with the growth of this forum. it allows an individual's post to survive longer on the first page. that was that point all along which was why I implemented the change.

some things are not going to please everyone.. I am not against putting stickies up either in the vinyl release section : I like that idea, I favor that section due to the artistic outlet of vinyl.. it's a nice extra touch that is an option always.. and no of course I don't listen to all mixes its just a nice random (in no particular order) feature to use the function of the forums board to it's fullest and also give a few releases per week the spot light. nothing too complex about it.

I also thought that putting up a section (just) for new releases was (also) an immediate benefit for our viewers searching for fresh releases..

nothings is final - nothing is in stone.. : re: the paypal that would be out of my hands..