I don't even know who Ricardo Willalobo is

- open
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

why do people waste their time talking about this?
maybe it's just me... but i don't get what the fuss is
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Fck it!
Last edited by S.D.L on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

G3rard wrote:Good & funny interview, nice to see someone with an opinion and stick to his guns (no pun intended). :lol:
hahaha..
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

respect to Omar S

he's doing things his way and making music for himself.

I know plenty of people who speak the same way as him back in London. Many people from proper big cities with a very high crime level will have the same 'f*** you attitude'.

His reaction to the Villalobos...? Imagine the year 1988, you're interviewing Ice Cube / Chuck D / Rakim and you make a comparison between him and Vanilla Ice...
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

clubfoot wrote:His reaction to the Villalobos...? Imagine the year 1988, you're interviewing Ice Cube / Chuck D / Rakim and you make a comparison between him and Vanilla Ice...

worlds worst analogy.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

element.8 wrote:
whatever wrote:what is the point of this kind of attitude?
the detroit debate has been of hot contention for as long as i can remember. i don't know why or when exactly, but part of the attitude stems from the fact that, though people always credit detroit as the birthplace and a major point in history, no one gives it anything more than that. its just a footnote to people, and anyone that has worked so hard to get where they are and do what they do, especially in a city as desolate and harsh as detroit, only to get brushed under the rug and to play second fiddle to people that used their concepts (or even their loops) and made something else that garnered a lot of praise? that sht hurts, man. .
I've never actually read anything to date other than the above to even "attempt" to put things in perspective..

its very difficult (almost impossible) to "explain" detroit to others.. it's a state of mind..

but this analogy - is pretty much right on the mark....

fantastic incite eric - I thought this should be noted..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

john clees wrote:
element.8 wrote:
whatever wrote:what is the point of this kind of attitude?
the detroit debate has been of hot contention for as long as i can remember. i don't know why or when exactly, but part of the attitude stems from the fact that, though people always credit detroit as the birthplace and a major point in history, no one gives it anything more than that. its just a footnote to people, and anyone that has worked so hard to get where they are and do what they do, especially in a city as desolate and harsh as detroit, only to get brushed under the rug and to play second fiddle to people that used their concepts (or even their loops) and made something else that garnered a lot of praise? that sht hurts, man. .
I've never actually read anything to date other than the above to even "attempt" to put things in perspective..

its very difficult (almost impossible) to "explain" detroit to others.. it's a state of mind..

but this analogy - is pretty much right on the mark....

fantastic incite eric - I thought this should be noted..

yeah, i don't know about you, john, but since we're both from the same city and circuit of music back in detroit, i have never successfully explained the whole "detroit state of mind" to anyone without either a serious, argumentative debate, or people scratching their heads going "i don't get it."

its one of those things that is damn near impossible to explain to people, for some reason - the only way to "explain" it is to plop them down in detroit for a year and say "talk to me in 365 days."

that being said, having not lived in detroit for over two years now, i see the city i grew up in very differently now, and things i took for granted now click when certain things are mentioned or topics discussed. call it a weird form of medication, but just leaving that city opens your mind...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

lol@ its a state of mind