the MINIMAL backlash

- open
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

northernlight wrote:
Celltek wrote:
northernlight wrote:the same discussions arise every month on every other message board i use. No matter if it's minimal, d&b, nuskool breaks, hiphop. it's realy the same everywhere. and it will not change :lol:
You mean the backlash discussion?? Lol there is a hip-hop backlash :D
not directly the backlash. but all these threads in a similar vein. "It used to better 1997", "people don't know where this music is coming from", "haters", "analy overanalyzing", "chinstrokers", "the fun/love is gone", "overground/underground" etc etc etc.

it all ends up the same always :lol:
Yeah sad. Thing is, a club is a crossroads where, especially in the context of more obviously intellectualised music (like techno can be), high culture/art can badly clash with the nasty realities of society: arrogance, pecking order, in group/out group and so on. Unfortunately this is just they way it is; clubs will always be a place many (if not most) go to flirt, get wasted and pose and this is not a bad thing necessarily. You may rather spend the whole night thinking and listening to the music but not all want to. So of course then there will exist people who hijack the (our) love of the music in itself for social reasons... best to just observe and have a good time with your own mates... i find it interesting to see all the freaks and people with different agendas in clubs, watch stranger X try to pull stranger Y or the guy who knows every minus release by heart and stands their all night just listening and watching... you meet all sorts... hey its life.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I just wish more people in the minimal community would look outside of it as well. Minimal serves a very important purpose in a dj set but a whole set of it non-stop will easily become stale to my ears. It's not the minimal i blame it's the djs for having a lack of ability to look outside of the genre in general with a few exeptions, Rich being one of them along with a few djs around here in Detroit. Minimal is not a noun, it's a verb.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

Torque wrote:.Minimal is not a noun, it's a verb.
That's a fucking Tee right there man.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I think you mean "adjective."
owen_gnhd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

acciaieria brembo

Post by owen_gnhd »

links removed

RC
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

jessejames wrote:I think you mean "adjective."
Well i think you can guess what my grades were like in english class. :?
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

When i've started to listen to Minimal I didn't know that's called "Minimal". :roll:

I've defined it as seriously spacy House & Techno Music and I'm still doing it.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

Torque wrote:
Well i think you can guess what my grades were like in english class. :?
:lol:

Think the guy above you could use some help as well.