Which person, Dj, or Act turned you into a mnml fan?

- open
no_pressure
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by no_pressure »

Plastikman artifakts turned me onto the sound, but I come from a industrial background, so finding the funk was a bit hard for me.

Always loved specific artists (akufen, luciano... most force inc guys), but realization of the mnml culture didn't take off for me until over the summer (-)

still love my kmfdm/ministry/coil/etc though
"a 1971 psycho skin flick with a crazy sitar-funk soundtrack. to me that says: win." - rob theakston
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Winter Music Conference in Miami, 2006!! In that week I saw Ozgur Can, Petter, Holden, Loco Dice, Luciano, Adultnapper, Habersham, Steve Bug, Hawtin, Damian Lazarus, Mr. C...the whole week just blew me away!!!

I never realized the instinctual power of minimal music until I experienced it that way in a live setting. I left melodic prog and have never looked back...
cap'n can't get right
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cap'n can't get right »

ricardo, richie, and sven at cicrco loco, cocoon closing, and a day party at s'estanyola in 2003. months afterward i finally got bugs remix of "freaks" id'd and i could stop humming it to ppl. :lol:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

adam wrote:
dncn wrote:id go along with daft punks first album , although how minimal it actually is is debatable, mind you same for my own stuff i guess.
Drum machine, a synth or two and effects. Is it that debatable? :)

how to annoy your neighbours and enjoy yourself -
crank either of these from homework:
Rock n' roll
Rollin' n' scratch'n
that fucking R U L E S !!! :twisted:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
no_pressure
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by no_pressure »

Robot Criminal wrote:
adam wrote:
dncn wrote:id go along with daft punks first album , although how minimal it actually is is debatable, mind you same for my own stuff i guess.
Drum machine, a synth or two and effects. Is it that debatable? :)

how to annoy your neighbours and enjoy yourself -
crank either of these from homework:
Rock n' roll
Rollin' n' scratch'n
that fucking R U L E S !!! :twisted:
... oh yeah!
"a 1971 psycho skin flick with a crazy sitar-funk soundtrack. to me that says: win." - rob theakston
gustaf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustaf »

ive been into techno and house for a while. the first and the best minimal-act i went to was dandy jack and sonja moonear playing at an underground party in stockholm. that got me REALLY stucked into "minimal". it was amazing live+dj-set.
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

richie hawtin
and trentemoller for today's scene
oe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oe »

ricardo villalobos played a nice 4hr set at a small place called phlegmatic dog here in moscow. it was a really nice place where anton kubikov (half of scsi9 duo) held weekly techno parties on thursdays.

and the next morning i downloaded spacid's xex mix which is a great piece of art(imo)

that's pretty much it