MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Thats normally what dance music is for me though anyway, music for the now. Obviously u get the Swayzak, Claro Intelecto etc etc tracks that you still love forever but most has no real shelf life. I dont buy or play her music but I think some of its quite good. I don't know about the fodder bit, maybe ur right if u mean dancefloor tracks? John Tejada used to make this sort of stuff and I still rate most of his tunes.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yeah club fodder. Oslo, Cecille this sound is typical fodder. Bongo loops, conga loops, vocal snippets... generic music that they call deep house.

I disagree about most music having no shelf life. Most of the music I play is old and records I buy now I know I'll play for years to come.

For me the digital era has changed the way people buy music. They just buy it because its so cheap and because charts are thrown in your face at every angle so they dont really have their own tastes. I think more then ever people buy into something because if they see ricardo playing it they tell themselves it must be good.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I listened to 2 months worth of tracks on juno download last night and bought 4 songs. 2 of which were Delano Smith tunes.

Granted, I didn't listen to every tune, but I thought I'd come away with more.
j_m
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by j_m »

AVX23 wrote:I think the problem is that objectively speaking - it's taking bland and un-inspired to new levels.

decide for yourself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hORwvfZsGnI

I think the reviewer is just saying what many have felt for a long time.
Interesting..sounds like it "borrows" heavily from the old Chiapet track, Westworld, on Yoshitoshi (1999). ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAiaUFGwpMo
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:Yeah club fodder. Oslo, Cecille this sound is typical fodder. Bongo loops, conga loops, vocal snippets... generic music that they call deep house.

I disagree about most music having no shelf life. Most of the music I play is old and records I buy now I know I'll play for years to come.

For me the digital era has changed the way people buy music. They just buy it because its so cheap and because charts are thrown in your face at every angle so they dont really have their own tastes. I think more then ever people buy into something because if they see ricardo playing it they tell themselves it must be good.
the internet has made it easier for bandwagon jumpers to find out whats cool in the underground. so now you get the real scene where all the interesting timeless music is and the digital bandwagon fodder scene, which is all about now.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

yep agree with that. for me there are two scenes now where as before I never really thought about it like that. Juno and Beatport have completely different deep house charts.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

count me out of the bandwagon jumpers crew..!

I think the longer uve been listening to dance music, the less enthusiastic you are going to be towards certain stuff and more able to distinguish the good from the sh!t.
For me there are tracks that work well on the dancefloor that you can only play for a certain amount of time before people start to get bored, like when I first heard Steve Bug play Robag Wruhme's Dopamine, I thought 'this is fuckin ace' but by the time it got released and I'd heard it in countless sets, I was a bit bored of it.
SIS-Nerib aswell, I liked that for about 10 minutes, heard it about 100 times in Ibiza in a week, what a sh!t tune!
Then there's a track like Clockwork - It's you again, which I know I'll never get bored of. But those types of longlasting tracks are far less frequent for me.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

::BLM:: wrote:
Most new music has very very short shelf life. But I agree that there are tracks which have the potential to be played in years to come.
I do the same thing also. I play a lot of old track, and classics and to be honest that is what distinguishes my live sets from those of the others, who just play the hot new genre tracks.