dj mixer

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

on the DJM600

i bought one new shortly after they came out, and within 6 months of only light home use, half of the pots were scratchy.

when i contacted pioneer about replacements they told me i would need to replace the whole board (£300 ish)

kontakt spray worked for about a week, then they were back to being f**ked again.

thats the last pioneer i'll ever buy.

ive also had three different Pioneer CDJs all of which have gradually died within a few years.
its a disgrace considering the amount of money you pay for this kit, that its basically unfixable and falls apart so quickly.

i wouldnt recommend anyone buys pioneer anything.
i'm sure they'll be plenty of you who havent had any problems, but the law of averages says steer well clear.

on the subject of the Xone 62, the commonest fault on them is that one side of the stereo output amp goes down, (always the same side, obviuosly a design flaw )
believe it or not ive had the same fault on 6 different hire mixers over the last 3 years (and thats out of only 10 hired !!! ) we had three go down at one weekender.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

but you don't come to the conclusion not to buy xone 62?? :lol:

I had my djm600 for several years (5+) and worked like it was completely new.

anyway fck it..

:oo)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

my DJM500 is still going fine and i've had it since 2002. sometimes i pull the EQ knobs off when i'm mixing jeff mills records and one of the channels has got quieter on the right side of the stereo but apart from that it's fine.

i'm not replacing it until it dies. i want to get my full moneys worth out of it.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

patrick bateman wrote:but you don't come to the conclusion not to buy xone 62?? :lol:

anyway fck it..

i did come to the conclusion not to buy a Xone 62, is that not obvious.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

steevio wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:but you don't come to the conclusion not to buy xone 62?? :lol:

anyway fck it..

i did come to the conclusion not to buy a Xone 62, is that not obvious.
;)
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

tone-def wrote:my DJM500 is still going fine and i've had it since 2002. sometimes i pull the EQ knobs off when i'm mixing jeff mills records and one of the channels has got quieter on the right side of the stereo but apart from that it's fine.

i'm not replacing it until it dies. i want to get my full moneys worth out of it.
GAHH I hate the DJM500 more than life itself. Every time I play on one it fucks me up. Mostly because it looks almost exactly like a DJM600 except it's missing a couple of crucial features and confuses the fck out of me when they're not there.

No offense. ;)
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
cmc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cmc »

Rookas wrote:well one curve is -6db and another is about -1-2db from the actual level , so not... :/ so when you set the curve its alrtight for cue? same volume for the cue and the master when CF in middle?
get there early, turn on the xfader and set the assigns before the night gets started. :D

another thing i forgot i hated about that mixer.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

damagedgoods wrote:
tone-def wrote:my DJM500 is still going fine and i've had it since 2002. sometimes i pull the EQ knobs off when i'm mixing jeff mills records and one of the channels has got quieter on the right side of the stereo but apart from that it's fine.

GAHH I hate the DJM500 more than life itself. Every time I play on one it fucks me up. Mostly because it looks almost exactly like a DJM600 except it's missing a couple of crucial features and confuses the fck out of me when they're not there.

No offense. ;)
crucial features my ass

it's only missing some silly effects and crossfader curve adjustments. other than that is exactly the same.