Is Piracy Really Killing The Music Industry? No!.........?

- open
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

Themis wrote:the +1 Euro for WAV is a rip-off

cant understand the people who buy MP3, if im fcking buying stuff i want it in the best possible quality and nothing else, even if i cant hear the difference.

if i buy a full EP in WAV its expensiver than the Vinyl, thats absurd - there is your main benefit of digital gone ...
Plus there is no possibility of it appreciating in value as time goes on. You can't sell files to other collectors.
chrisjechorek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by chrisjechorek »

everythings great
Last edited by chrisjechorek on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtunes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dtunes »

Themis wrote:the +1 Euro for WAV is a rip-off

cant understand the people who buy MP3, if im fcking buying stuff i want it in the best possible quality and nothing else, even if i cant hear the difference.

if i buy a full EP in WAV its expensiver than the Vinyl, thats absurd - there is your main benefit of digital gone ...
except that some stores don't charge extra for WAV's = Digital-Tunes
*wink wink
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah if i would buy WAVs i would buy it in your shop, 40% cheaper than beatport, if you buy WAVs :)
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

from a market point of view, the digital music market is over saturated thus the prices should go lower. It has become a commodity like everything else (while I do acknowledge that there exceptional artists who really make music which has something to say, but these are not in the majority).
dtunes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dtunes »

Themis wrote:yeah if i would buy WAVs i would buy it in your shop, 40% cheaper than beatport, if you buy WAVs :)
depending on a release it is even more that 40%...if a release is over 3 months old the price is usually 1€ for a WAV, or any other format for that matter.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

jackbrazzo wrote:
What price do you think would be fair for 1 mp3?
50p or less.
I'm sure the artists will have a field day, they can't make anything now with prices around 1.30-1.60, and you want to cut off 66% of that... nice going. :roll:
Come on... if your boss came to your workplace and told you "sorry mate, but too many people are stealing our products from the shop, from now on your wages are only a third of what you normally make". Riots would follow soon :lol: But with music everything should be free and musicians don't need food or a decent living. And no, not all producers can perform live (or in case of some, should perform live) so they don't make money at all.

If you are complaining about the facts that much music sounds generic these days, that's a direct consequence from piracy: good innovative artists don't find a way to live of their music so they can have time to innovate, instead they just go to work in a normal job, and so we get only 'sure bet' hit formula music coming out.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Casanova808 wrote: You can't sell files to other collectors.
Why not?