mpc 1000 vs Maschine

- ask away
Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

If you want to make double sure you get booked at the demf, you need to pimp out your mpc:

If you get a custom paint job on your mpc, promoters everywhere will know how serious you are about the technoes.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Martian Telecom wrote:remember, it is important to be trendy.
That's why I use Reasons for everything I do. NOT Reason, Reasons. K?
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Martian Telecom, people have been using MPC's since the 80's and it's not like there just come back in fashion because they never went away. same can be said for white labels...

people get away from the computer for the following reasons

1) looking at a computer screen all day is bad for your eyes

2) hardware is more hands on, it's a real instrument. MIDI controllers are less responsive

3) MIDI clock is more reliable than a computer. some people have a lot of trouble getting there computer working with all there gear.

4) it's cool (i got this one from you) you seem really jealous of MPC users. you wish people would look at your computer an say "WOW" but they don't because everyone has a computer. if you want that kind of attention just get an MPC but i'm not sure you will get the reaction you want.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

tone-def wrote: 1) looking at a computer screen all day is bad for your eyes
After some serious questioning about that, and some research, looking at a screen cannot harm your eyes. The strain will only tire them more, but no damage is done. Smae goes on for tv.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Opuswerk wrote:
tone-def wrote: 1) looking at a computer screen all day is bad for your eyes
After some serious questioning about that, and some research, looking at a screen cannot harm your eyes. The strain will only tire them more, but no damage is done. Smae goes on for tv.
still it tires them, which leads to headaches.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

tone-def wrote:Martian Telecom, people have been using MPC's since the 80's and it's not like there just come back in fashion because they never went away. same can be said for white labels...

people get away from the computer for the following reasons

1) looking at a computer screen all day is bad for your eyes

2) hardware is more hands on, it's a real instrument. MIDI controllers are less responsive

3) MIDI clock is more reliable than a computer. some people have a lot of trouble getting there computer working with all there gear.

4) it's cool (i got this one from you) you seem really jealous of MPC users. you wish people would look at your computer an say "WOW" but they don't because everyone has a computer. if you want that kind of attention just get an MPC but i'm not sure you will get the reaction you want.
I'd agree with most of that, but would reiterate that Maschine is definitely not a MIDI controller and doesn't feel like a MIDI controller. The hardware and software are tightly integrated, almost everything you need is communicated to the unit and displayed on the LCD screen, and you can actually get away with doing very little with the keyboard and mouse. The hands-on feel is totally there; it's really not the same as controlling Battery with a Trigger Finger or whatever. Still, I completely sympathise with the desire to remove the computer from the equation altogether, don't get me wrong...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Martian Telecom wrote:If you get a custom paint job on your mpc, promoters everywhere will know how serious you are about the technoes.
<3 it. mpc4life!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote:still it tires them, which leads to headaches.
Not if you properly exercise your eyes and take breaks.

Anyways... about the mpc... its a great tool. Heads down get in the groove about music, probably one of the most natural ways to make music. I know people that know nothing about computers or anything but can still bang away at an mpc and make some killer grooves. They sit down with a crate of vinyl the mpc and just go.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest