Atheory wrote: District 9
LOL!

the acting was horrible in that movie.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

no, i haven't seen avatar yet.

i will go and see it when my girlfriend gets back from christmas holidays though cause she likes animation.

it was the trailer for i.b. that put me of. seemed so hammy and sh!t, and i get that this is what tarrantino is about these days and stuff (homage/pastiche etc.) but i thought kill bill 1 and 2 were so boring that i just wrote it off.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Atheory wrote: it was the trailer for i.b. that put me of. seemed so hammy and sh!t, and i get that this is what tarrantino is about these days and stuff (homage/pastiche etc.) but i thought kill bill 1 and 2 were so boring that i just wrote it off.
just saw inglourious basterds a week or so ago - loved it, tarantino's best so far imo!! i'm totally with you on kill bill... so laborious, eeuugghh!

IB's gets top marks for the acting (particularly the main nazi guy - really steals the show) and creative use of languages. you have to love the audacity of the story. it's also interesting that i had to keep reminding myself that it's a tarantino flick. lots of subtly worked homage thrown in. enjoy!

another couple of films i liked this year:

Bronson
Terminator 4 (much better than people had me believe)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

stevësto wrote:
Atheory wrote: District 9
LOL!

the acting was horrible in that movie.
do you think that cause it was an african production?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

clubfoot wrote:
Atheory wrote: it was the trailer for i.b. that put me of. seemed so hammy and sh!t, and i get that this is what tarrantino is about these days and stuff (homage/pastiche etc.) but i thought kill bill 1 and 2 were so boring that i just wrote it off.
just saw inglourious basterds a week or so ago - loved it, tarantino's best so far imo!! i'm totally with you on kill bill... so laborious, eeuugghh!

IB's gets top marks for the acting (particularly the main nazi guy - really steals the show) and creative use of languages. you have to love the audacity of the story. it's also interesting that i had to keep reminding myself that it's a tarantino flick. lots of subtly worked homage thrown in. enjoy!

Bronson

cool, good enough, i'll check it out during the week.
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

Atheory wrote:
clubfoot wrote:

Bronson

cool, good enough, i'll check it out during the week.
i really didnt feel for kill bill's either

but IB was brilliant ---- trailer does it no justice at all!
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

you are what you tweed
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr