The UK Scene

- open
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

Shaun Soomro wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:There are a sht load, but for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
It's true so much time is being spent focusing on what Berlin has to offer that we never get the attention....I think the scene especially here in London was getting better until nearly all the best venues T Bar, The End, Cross etc.. started closing down, thankfully we still have fabric.
t-bar is re-opening in some form apparently!

we have been running a night in liverpool for the past year and have just moved down to london, we had our opening last sunday, at cargo in shoreditch, with Simon Baker, Clive Henry & Hector it was perfect!

next month is 22nd with federico molinari & hector

i think theres plenty of fantastic producers, DJs, nights and people in the uk
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

wikey wrote:Whats the scene like in Liverpool? I've not heard much out of there so it makes me wonder if there is much going on
i am resident at a night called mUmU in liverpool, really cool (300-400 people)
started just over a year ago, we were named 5th best uk clubnight just the other month by mixmag...

www.myspace.com/mumusundays

or if you are on facebook join our group, has all the upcoming parties in liverpool and london on there!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7027272089
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

you got anyone booked for the 29th of march??
dave_essex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dave_essex »

Rekluse- Leeds, good newish label with artists such as Umek, psycatron, etc.
Shaun Soomro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Shaun Soomro »

On the 26th November, the T Bar family are welcoming Lick My Deck to host our first night at the East London venue. Welcoming artists Thomas Melchior, [a]pendics.shuffle & label founder Shaun Soomro, LMD will be showcasing eclectic sounds in a night of intelligent electronic music.

Stripped back house legend Thomas Melchior is the honoree guest. With a 20 year career as a producer, Melchior's sound draws on an unusual mix of energetic warmth and heady pensiveness and is still very much at the cutting edge of music today. His 2004 album found Ricardo Villalobos singing his praises "The later the evening, the more of a fan you become," and that kind of blissful, uncertain after-hours vibe has only become more pronounced.

Supporting him is [a]pendics.shuffle aka Kenneth James Gibson, who will be playing a special live set marking his first London appearance. Based in L.A, [a]pendics.shuffle co-runs the forward thinking abstract techno label Adjunct, and has recently begun to release on chic LA label Culprit, from the Droog outfit that host some of the city’s most talked about parties. [a]pendics.shuffle is a man of many personas, always a surprise and never a let down. A rare stone in today’s musical climate, Ken is rolling and collects no moss.

Warming things up will be the creator and vision behind the label, Shaun Soomro, who set up Lick My Deck with Matt Jolley two years ago. Working with some of the most respected producers in the scene the label has gone from strength to strength and achieved status through releasing distinctive and refreshing music for their peers.

FREE ENTRY !!!

Start Time: Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 9:00pm
End Time: Friday, November 27, 2009 at 4:00am

PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

pff, when I read all this it just makes me want to move to london. amazing stuff going on there. Everyone is constantly babbling about Berlin but London surely has a lot of superb nights going on every weekend. Just went to fabric last weekend and can't wait to go back to london to check out some other stuff. Besides a lot of the before mentioned stuff, Cable is also on my to-do list. And Jaded afterthingie near Fabric. And so on.
As I said: I'd better move but not sure me misses would approve :)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

::BLM:: wrote: ... for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
that's because people in the UK are often too busy being jealous/wary of other people and protecting their own sh!t from other people getting a piece, rather than sharing and coming together. that doesn't really make a scene, imo.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

clubfoot wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: ... for some reason we are never in the limelight. So much focus on other scenes, but the UK has never really sorted itself out.
that's because people in the UK are often too busy being jealous/wary of other people and protecting their own sh!t from other people getting a piece, rather than sharing and coming together. that doesn't really make a scene, imo.
Thats a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it! And complete bullshit if I may say so! Who exactly does the UK have to be jealous of musically?