I don't even know who Ricardo Willalobo is

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

minimal house wrote:This guy is a trip!

Im trying to picture a bunch of peeps from the hood chillin out with some 40s, smoking blunts of dro listening to german minimal techno saying,' yo nikkuh, this willalobo sht be tight yo"
LOL :lol:
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

minimal house wrote:This guy is a trip!

Im trying to picture a bunch of peeps from the hood chillin out with some 40s, smoking blunts of dro listening to german minimal techno saying,' yo nikkuh, this willalobo sht be tight yo"
It happens more often than you think. 8)
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

It's either a way for him to provoke and cause reactions in a way to promote his fabric mix or he's just telling as it is. Ricardo Villalobos doesnt play in the us and maybe Omar isn't aware of the european scene at all
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

whatever wrote:the problem it's not that he hasn't heard of ricardo. but the way he puts it "who the fck is...". if i heard a new/unknown name to me i try to document about it. it's the way i like to get connected with things and persons. i will never say something about an artist i never heard of before, until i find out more. well, i'm not an example, but this is the way i see things. ricardo is a much popular name regarding the fabric brand and normal people, especially europeans relate through him.

well life in bucharest is pretty shitty too and all over the world there are city hard to live in...this is not an excuse.

on the other side, ricardo has a huge respect for everything that is music related...and this i the way any artist should behave.

I HEAR THAT!!!!
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
Johnson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johnson »

vitocorleone wrote:
whatever wrote:the problem it's not that he hasn't heard of ricardo. but the way he puts it "who the fck is...". if i heard a new/unknown name to me i try to document about it. it's the way i like to get connected with things and persons. i will never say something about an artist i never heard of before, until i find out more. well, i'm not an example, but this is the way i see things. ricardo is a much popular name regarding the fabric brand and normal people, especially europeans relate through him.

well life in bucharest is pretty shitty too and all over the world there are city hard to live in...this is not an excuse.

on the other side, ricardo has a huge respect for everything that is music related...and this i the way any artist should behave.

I HEAR THAT!!!!
me too ... there is really no excuse for beeing that ignorant.
There is a god ... his name is Carl Craig
run
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by run »

Hmmm, I thought the interview was quite funny if u don't take it seriously (which u really shouldn't!). he clearly has no illusions about the way branding and labelling works with music sales - ie his whole reasoning for doing the fabric cd and most likely that interview!

the fact that his fabric cd will only have his tracks on has clearly drawn a lot of comparisons to the villalobos one so i guess he probably wants to make a point of distancing himself from that - hence the comment but what the fck do i know! to be fair when omar s plays out in clubs he tends to play mainly his own productions anyway with the occasional theo, moodymann, carl craig and basic channel track thrown in so i'd say this fabric cd is actually a very good representation of what he does and always has done.

i also kinda like the fact he's a bit arrogant (don't know where this gangsta thing comes from though :? ). i probably wouldn't last 5 minutes in a conversation with him but having that kind of attitude and personality means he makes uncompromising music for himself and of himself! it doesn't matter who he's heard of or what he checks or doesn't check on the internet - he does his own thing and thank fck for that as some of my favourite tracks of the last few years have been made by him....seriously amazing tracks some of them.

anyway talk about minimal....some of his music is pure minimal in the truest sense and is full of raw emotion and beauty - a rare thing these days i feel :idea:
------------------------------------------------------
======== www.runsounds.com ========
===== www.myspace.com/runsounds =====
====== www.twitter.com/runsounds ======
Bob Mulatu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bob Mulatu »

funny and weird interview from my point of view...amazing producer...and that's the most important thing...let the music speak

8)
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Good & funny interview, nice to see someone with an opinion and stick to his guns (no pun intended). :lol:

Throughout the history of music there has been arrogant & rebellious antagonists who say fvck you to everyone. People need to stop taking it so seriously the guy is just living his life and if he wants to be like that then so what. It doesnt take anything away from the music he makes.

The Villalobos comment was prob tongue in cheek anyway, people read into things way too much on the net.