TRAKTOR SCRATCH - WHO USES THE SYNC?

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

hydrogen wrote:
bipedal103 wrote:That's why I don't mind these big guys doing it w/ Traktor nowadays, because they have proven themselves numerous times by now....
So in a way you are saying... a famous artist that has been touring for years now can go on stage with some new peice of technology that plays their guitar for them?

What type of test do you have to take to prove yourself?

The only use traktor has is if the turntables or mixer break down in a live setting then there is a system available to continue to play music.
well...that is one of its uses i could say...i realy bought it couse where i am from it is impossible to buy vinyl records, unless u import them from US or Europe and that makes it extremely expensive .....so i decided to go fot digital interfase...(first i was using serato and after i sold it i wanted to try this new one but my intention was not to get rid of the TT)

this technology was developed mainly to free the DJ from carring record boxes everywhere, no?....traktor and midi contoll it is a plus they added to this tecnology...to get into other market, i wuold say (dj.s who dont want to use TT aymore or at all)

in producing & Live PA, for example...there are people who is ok with hardwhare and others with software only..some say this is better, this is not bla bla bla.....

i think there is good music and bad music....there is also good set and bad sets....

but this is just an opinion...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

JackNine wrote:I'll take a DJ who autosyncs but has the ultimate musical prowess over an old school DJ who spins vinyl but sucks the wank when it comes to track selection and flow.
a proper dj does all that without having software do it for him/her. Truely great dj's can select the good tunes, mix them properly, beatmatch ànd tell a story in their sets. That's why they are exceptional: it's hard to combine all these, but that's what makes the difference between masters and pupils.

I can understand how it can be exciting to cut up tracks and create new combinations, effects etc, but I personally don't like it, because I like to keep a track intact to a certain degree, because the producer simply intended it to be a music piece, not a 4 bar loop. But that doesn't mean both ways of working don't have their appeal: when I see Tom Dazing f.e. use vinyl to beatmatch tracks on 4 decks, then switching to synced loops to add extra layers,... I'm amazed. Just because it's not for me doesn't mean thazt it's anything less then the 'oldskool' mixing I do. I'm an oldskool guy / old fart so I don't mind :lol:
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

the beatmacthing with TT is something u cant replace....it has its feeling....that is waht i like from TT....not even cdj's...
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

try mixing on 3 turntables with vinyl

that is great practice

and really separates the amateurs from the pro's!
patrickmrd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by patrickmrd »

it,s how you look at traktor. from a producers point of view, i think it,s great.
if you, like me,produce your own tracks it can be very nice .for me its like triple the power of a pioneer set up.also if you know your tracks beatmatching is {sorry dj,s} EASY! the sync function just gives you more freedom ,i think many people where waiting for it .
mystic rain drops sound manipulation
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

patrickmrd wrote:also if you know your tracks beatmatching is {sorry dj,s} EASY!
Knowing your tracks doesn't have to do anything w/ beatmatching and doesn't make it easy.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

bipedal103 wrote:
patrickmrd wrote:also if you know your tracks beatmatching is {sorry dj,s} EASY!
Knowing your tracks doesn't have to do anything w/ beatmatching and doesn't make it easy.
maybe he meant for the 4 bar looping....
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

isaaclevy wrote: i think there is good music and bad music....there is also good set and bad sets....

but this is just an opinion...
absolutely... and i agree with your statement about not liking the vinyl market. I don't enjoy vinyl because of its expense and the wear and tear that I have on all my records. But i still don't rely on autosync... :) i was hoping by now they would make a 4 turntable version of serato, but that hasn't happened yet. too bad. :(

edit: changed the word scratch to serato. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest