troy pierce

- open
marloutje
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marloutje »

Excactly my thoughts here! Troy is one of my favourite dj/producer together with Sleeparchive as my no 1, and i think Sleeparchive is one of the most naged about producer when it comes to this.

I can understand why, because it works the other way around also. I really hate djs that try to take as much drugs as the can, making a total fool out of themselfs, and behaving like there from a cheap circus. If someone thinks that what makes a good dj, you dont really like music i think....?

very curious what troys going to do tonight, especially in comparison with 3 weeks ago.
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

yesterday, the sprinkling system is starting, when troy is playing with his laptop on rote sonne munich.

uh, thats really hard ^^

club under water ^^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qIdE0UbaKY
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

mando wrote:yesterday, the sprinkling system is starting, when troy is playing with his laptop on rote sonne munich.

uh, thats really hard ^^

club under water ^^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qIdE0UbaKY
woah that's crazy - soggy laptop, nasty!
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

marloutje wrote:Excactly my thoughts here! Troy is one of my favourite dj/producer together with Sleeparchive as my no 1, and i think Sleeparchive is one of the most naged about producer when it comes to this.
from sleeparchive.de:
sleeparchive.de wrote: "Forgot to say about sleeparchive. I have never seen or heard anything as boring in my whole life.
Bitterly disappointed, I thought it was a wind up. I was watching in the chalet and just had to go down to see it if it was for real.
A guy standing behind a laptop, almost motionless apart from drinking water, playing the most boring minimal, repetitive noises ever. Bleugh."

...describes it pretty well actually!! ;-)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

shypht wrote:
marloutje wrote:Excactly my thoughts here! Troy is one of my favourite dj/producer together with Sleeparchive as my no 1, and i think Sleeparchive is one of the most naged about producer when it comes to this.
from sleeparchive.de:
sleeparchive.de wrote: "Forgot to say about sleeparchive. I have never seen or heard anything as boring in my whole life.
Bitterly disappointed, I thought it was a wind up. I was watching in the chalet and just had to go down to see it if it was for real.
A guy standing behind a laptop, almost motionless apart from drinking water, playing the most boring minimal, repetitive noises ever. Bleugh."

...describes it pretty well actually!! ;-)
People should just get over this need to see someone doing something on stage. If you're there for the music that's what should matter. I never go to hear a techno act and actually watch them - might have a look at them now and then. If you want stage action, then you should get tickets for a show; go and see a pop/rock group or a musical... opera perhaps.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Sneaky wrote:The few times I've got to see Troy ive been pleased with the sets... I think he has his own style and has somewhat of a more introverted way of performing which is fine with me, after all im listening to what is coming out of the speakers and dancing + socializing more than watching the DJ booth... granted a performance energy in some occassions does help energize the crowd, in my opinion it isn't especially necessarry in this music genre to win over a crowd with trademark DJ gestures, unless ofcourse the crowd is more about the visual than the audio... in which case a nice combination of visual art combined with audio can lead attentions in the correct place... simply looking on at the DJ or Live act twiddling knobs or moving faders and combination head bob, hand gesture or fist pump may let us know they too think, Here We Gooooo!!!!! This track will get inside you! However, if you are into the music there is no conducter action needed to have that same sense of energy when that track hits... bascially to sum my response up just cause he may not look like some flashy guy behind the decks does not mean he is not 100 percent into the set he is deejaying and it is just as much your responsibility as an audience to create energy as it is the DJ's... werd?
Spot on 100%! :wink:
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

clubfoot wrote:
People should just get over this need to see someone doing something on stage. If you're there for the music that's what should matter. I never go to hear a techno act and actually watch them - might have a look at them now and then. If you want stage action, then you should get tickets for a show; go and see a pop/rock group or a musical... opera perhaps.
Oh, I agree - I just find it funny / amusing that sleeparchive posted that comment to his own site and agrees with it :) He knows his appeal and doesn't make any apologizes for it. SA is one of my favorite producers, and made a point to book an extra day off work to head up to Mutek early to catch him on Thursday night.

uber-nerd behind the laptop clicking away producing minimal drones bleeps and blonks that force you to enter the machine he's creating and jacks your body in peculiar ways.

While seeing a DJ/producer be 'lively' behind the decks and have some crowd interaction is fine and all, if the music coming out of the speakers is good enough - I'm usually too busy dancing to notice them at all. I go to parties to hear music, not worship rock-stars.

Really, do we want all of our DJ's prancing around like super-ponces behind the decks like Offer Nissim - at work right now so I cant find any videos, but look him up on You Tube from Black and Blue. Shitty music aside, his antics behind the decks are a bit much and more cringe-inducing than anything.

And well, considering the type of music Sleeparchive is playing live - jumping around behind his laptop doesnt really seem to 'fit'.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

He played January '07 here in Denver, Colorado in the basement at the club called the Church and played nothing but hard minimal the whole night and ended with Lost on the Way to DC10 the last trackbe before it was out and gave me techno chills like no other. Grace I think it's lame you name yourself after a song he produced than go bash him publicly. Is that called Irony or is it called expectying to much from your favorites which a lot of us do?