Americans and dancing to mnml

- open
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

It depends on where you are I think. The amount of drugs/booze and if they like the music.

In Rotterdam, minimal is not that at all. Last year, Villalobos was here for the REMF ;) Only half of the place was full and everybody was steppin' and nodding. And he really rocked. Same with Luciano 2 years earlier in the same place.

Yeah.. Dancing. Like it a lot. Cannot stand still, in the end I'm all sweaty and that kind of stuff :)

F*ck the girls and your outfit/hair, dance to the music!
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

jessejames wrote:Beta is the club that Beatport opened, right?
There are 2 rooms and one is called the Beatport Lounge. Beatport is based out of Denver in case some people didn;t know.
Last edited by Hutch on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

what happened to speaker freaking?
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

haha

my friend got stuck inside a speaker once

haha

fucken carlos
signatures suck
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

put your head in the speaker...

welll i followed those words, and now it hurts to hear anything
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

livecollective wrote:
is your name lula?
freeeeeee
Enemy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Americans and dancing to mnml

Post by Enemy Records »

re.vise wrote:So, I've been watching all morning at youtube the video's from DEMF and I was wondering why 80% of the crowd stands still. When I go out in Amsterdam I get bumped everywhere because of jumping people and even sometimes I get some legs in my face because of the extreme shuffle-moves. Whats up with Americans and not dancing to great music? And if they dance it look like they took 5mg MDMA with 3 XTC pills with a little cocktail mixture containing some GHB. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7MNYwUNL4 3:20)

Do people in the states have an other opinion when going out for a party?
for the record, I organized that event and I recorded that movie. I wouldn't say that is a proper representation of the U.S.

That video was recorded about 4:30am on a mid-winters night in Minneapolis. 4:30 is a very late time here, and it was something special that 400 people still stuck around that late. Granted, some of the E-face looks were pretty funny and thats why I left it in but the crowd wasn't too wasted to be honest. The average club gig I do in Europe has way more drug usage going on. The thing with Minneapolis is the people prefer their music deeper and hypnotic. This silly minimal sh!t that is in the top10 on Beatport doesn't really fly here. People want the music deep and they want to go on a journey. Things are a bit more groovy here.

I'm not saying that US crowds are better than Europe (very untrue), but I'll say the US people can really get down when the DJ hits the right vibe. At the party in this video, the vibe was really really thick. The ceiling was super low (like 7-8 feet) and the space was very small. It was packed like sardines so a lot of people don't have very much room to really stretch out. I have extra video I filmed while going into this crowd and its pretty nuts because everyone is going crazy, but it just looks like a bunch of asses and elbows.

Minneapolis has its own special vibe. Many DJs like Magda have straight up referred to it as "North America's Berlin" and for people like JPLS, Joel Mull, and many more, they say its their favorite place to play in the U.S. The only reason the city isn't more popular is because we don't entertain DJs big egos and high prices. If they don't want to be reasonable with booking fees, they'll never set foot in the city. For instance, this party had Patrik Skoog (agaric live), kooky scientist live, and alexi delano all for like $10 usd. That's pretty unheard of in the U.S., especially in a non-club setting.

In short, Americans can be painfully lethargic at times but its probably because the DJ isn't playing the right stuff. They can rock as hard as anyone else if they really want to.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Der geile Ami wrote:
livecollective wrote:
is your name lula?

only if you want it to be :) is yours randy?

Oh and to Re.Vise, I have never seen more drugs at a party than I have at any given party in Berlin or London. Let alone the quantity people do.

Funnny sidenote: I was at a club in greece, before we played, a friend and I were dancing, the bouncers proceded to go up to the club owner and complain that two kids were dancing like they were "hopped up on xtc". Its funny to think some people think there is a certain style of dancing on drugs thats different when you are not fucked up. I cant tell you the amount of weird looks I got, because I was doing some form of twisted form of the jit.

Fact is, I dance HARD fucked up or not. From traveling, I noticed