Minimal 2008?

- open
Hegel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hegel »

aut.t.n wrote:soul instead of sound, jack instead of click.
It should be put on mnml.nl's front page

the recent minimal wave brought more and more people to listenning and enjoying techno.
When you look back at the electronic releases of the past 5 years you can figure how much the ratio mnml/electronic in general have increased.
Mnml is the new dance.

We need to be careful not to fall in the ease of most productions : the minimal sound is everywhere; now we need to seperate the good one from the ugly one.
Even Carl Cox is playing minimal for the masses.

We'll see this year some "storms" (like Drexciyan storms if you see what i mean): producers putting out some records that will shake the entire production, studying new sounds, understanding the essence of techno and so on.
I'm quite optimistic about this year, we'll have few really good records, like in 2007 but those ones are going to be insane, like a new start, a step forward; a kicker for the music.
I'm especially thinking about dimibiman's album (next september) or Ark's one, those two guys have a really special sound, a unique approach of house music. Moreover, Dan Bell is back in business...
STL is still doing good (something no.4 is really good), with a very referenced music as if he were showing us what's the point of house and techno.
Also Minibar is going to release some more stuff, again with a very personnal idea of what music is about...
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

And don't forget the new Hawtin album...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Akufen will be busy this year too.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

New Guy wrote:What is the new trendy genre now? (im serious, i would really like to know whats in this year)
Techno-house! Not tech/house. 2008 year of the [insert genre of] house + mnml.
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Minimal 2008?

Post by mando »

Aleksi wrote:What do you think? Is minimal dead this year?
electronic music never dies ^^

and call it what yout want ;)
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

aut.t.n wrote:soul instead of sound, jack instead of click.

furthermore, "hard, minimal techno will stay the sound of the cool berlin." (Owner 103 Club Berlin in "Berliner Zeitung) phew, we are lucky.
103 is not that cool a club
freeeeeee
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

What abouy speed-minimal ? (175 bpm+)
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

LouisVee wrote:What abouy speed-minimal ? (175 bpm+)
maybe the new hawtin album lol

I would love to see people playing that kind of stuff just because hawtin did it :D

Sometimes, that kind of artists (big and influencing) should produce songs for joke and see people reactions, it would be funny ... don't you think ? ;)

Anyway, I think as 2007, it will be less electric and more acoustic stuff, more vocals, more housey ... Last ResopalRed is a good example I think.

Or, more tekhouse stuff like Deadmau5, or Dubfire, I saw that one of the next cocoon is a remix from eric prydz.