Is it going technotechno again?

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

just a question, but why should a dj restrict himself to just one style anyway... think it's more interesting when the dj picks the best of various styles to make his own blend. I like dj's like Weatherall, Luciano or Galluzzi exactly because they don't stick to minimal, but they also play some house, tekhouse, some classics, some techno, some acid... Or Laurent Garnier, who is a maestro in combining styles :)

I just hope that people will start going out to parties with "good music" instead of just going to listen to the subsubsubsubgenre you like best. Hell, there's so much good music to discover... and there's no law that says you can't play house, minimal or acidhouse in one set and knock the dancefloor nuts with some techno while you're there :p
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

PsyTox wrote:just a question, but why should a dj restrict himself to just one style anyway... think it's more interesting when the dj picks the best of various styles to make his own blend. I like dj's like Weatherall, Luciano or Galluzzi exactly because they don't stick to minimal, but they also play some house, tekhouse, some classics, some techno, some acid... Or Laurent Garnier, who is a maestro in combining styles :)

I just hope that people will start going out to parties with "good music" instead of just going to listen to the subsubsubsubgenre you like best. Hell, there's so much good music to discover... and there's no law that says you can't play house, minimal or acidhouse in one set and knock the dancefloor nuts with some techno while you're there :p

this is the age old comment. and never fear, the cream always rise to the top. the people who mix it up and push new sounds are the people that keep this scene alive. people will always moan, but there will always be poeple out there doing this and there will always be a crowd for them
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Just heard Magda throw down a insanely diverse set on a rooftop in Brooklyn yesterday. That's really what it's about some bangin' house, some dirty electro sht, some techno few classics all over the place and it made for one hellva great party. Fun, creative and ass shakin'!
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Coog wrote:Just heard Magda throw down a insanely diverse set on a rooftop in Brooklyn yesterday. That's really what it's about some bangin' house, some dirty electro sht, some techno few classics all over the place and it made for one hellva great party. Fun, creative and ass shakin'!
Sounds Amazing and I wish I was there!
kristin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kristin »

Coog wrote:Just heard Magda throw down a insanely diverse set on a rooftop in Brooklyn yesterday. That's really what it's about some bangin' house, some dirty electro sht, some techno few classics all over the place and it made for one hellva great party. Fun, creative and ass shakin'!
good to hear - was thinking of going to this party but then realized that between demf, going to LA to see magda/richie/carola and then dt/richie in NYC that i needed a break.

most of the mnml dj/artists at demf bored the crap out of me - was more interested in the housier/harder sounds
markkkk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by markkkk »

clubfoot wrote:
anyhow, this year... what will happen is this: people will wake up and realise that they are dancing to trance, the very genre they detest.
i couldn't agree more. people who are really into the neotrance thing, i just don't get it. when i first heard fairmont-gazebo i was like : sh!t. i am at a party and they are playing TRANCE and everybody went nuts. i can appreciate a lot of (electronic) musical styles, i am not saying i hate trance or all trance sucks but its just not my thing,
unkn0wn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unkn0wn »

I've thinking about that myself lately, kinda funny to read this thread; I've never felt attracted by that dull minimal... I guess that the MissKittin comment posted on page 2 says everything for me; bring the kick back lol

Most of the livesets I've got are party livesets, either dark and hard, either uplifting, happy sets. Music shouldn't be dull, it should make you pump :wink: and I still think that powerfull mnml music is still the best style out there!

"Minimal isn't a genre like house or techno, it's just a way of doing house or techno. "

+1
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

markkkk wrote:
clubfoot wrote:
anyhow, this year... what will happen is this: people will wake up and realise that they are dancing to trance, the very genre they detest.
i couldn't agree more. people who are really into the neotrance thing, i just don't get it. when i first heard fairmont-gazebo i was like : sht.
A lot of the Border Community releases seem a bit tranceish to me

Ready for minimal trance? :lol: