mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

i heard he dj's progressive music... <:(
faunty
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by faunty »

ack, so much nastiness in this thread- what happened mnml peeps- we use to be such a positive shining light ;)

and of all things to get upset over a digweed cd!?! yeah it looks like hawtin- don't they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery- it's just a further testament to the awesomeness of hawtpants. (and the lameness of digweed)

i'm sure it was somewhat calculated he's not removed from the minimal influence, I remember a delasandro and repair track among others on his fabric disc - meh so what have a chuckle pop in the original transitions and bask in its glorious textures

PLUR :roll:

and on the subject of Transitions- does anybody else stilll heavily listen to that disc, it's sort of become therapy for me - whenever i'm agitated or upset I put it in and all my anxieties are instantly lifted- I fuking love that cd - er DVD
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

and on the subject of Transitions- does anybody else stilll heavily listen to that disc, it's sort of become therapy for me - whenever i'm agitated or upset I put it in and all my anxieties are instantly lifted- I fuking love that cd - er DVD[/quote]

I don't have time to listen to the CD as I'm too busy studying now with all these entry level math, history and psych classes...thought I was done with these 100 level courses but it doesn't hurt to refresh...guess ya never stop learning. They may take a CD cover but they can never take my edumacation away from me!
Last edited by Coog on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

All this debate is making want to listen to Digweed again..I'm intrigued now. Thanks alot guys..sheeesh..I just got impressioned!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
-Layborn-
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

lil' jerk wrote: Learn the history behind that reworking before you post uninformed comments like that, Douche King!
How sweet of you!

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Thomas+Brinkmann

Let's see:
Studio 1 Variations 1997
Concept Variations 1998

But, hey, I was just asking a question, eh? Sorry if I hurt your feelings!
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

i said read about the history behind it, not tell me what dates it was made.. the point is, Brinkmann reworked that release on his famed two-armed turntable withouth Hawtin's knowledge... he then sent it to Hawtin... point being, your claim that Hawtin was the copy cat to Voight was entirely false and ingnorant.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

lil' jerk wrote:i said read about the history behind it, not tell me what dates it was made.. the point is, Brinkmann reworked that release on his famed two-armed turntable withouth Hawtin's knowledge... he then sent it to Hawtin... point being, your claim that Hawtin was the copy cat to Voight was entirely false and ingnorant.
Okay, this is going to be my last response to this topic since apparently there's no possibility to talk about some artists or nowadays.

Yes I know, Brinkmann sent the thing to Hawtin and so on. My point was if we're supposed to talk about ripping off and so then this could be going on for years.
And it was a question, a stupid and agressiv one not supposed to be taken so serious, just to point that inspiration or coincidences happen since day one of the modern record industry.
I could go on and tell you that when I first heard Consumed i thought "wow, here's someone who listened alot to gas", when i heard the first concept ep "wow, here's someone who starts his own way in the path that the studio 1 opened".

:arrow: I'm not saying he's rip them off, just pointing the fact that he had almost the same idea at the same time and that his productions at this time were really close to what happened in Cologne.
At the time Hawtin released the "Artifakts BC" cd i had the chance to interview him for some magazine i was working by then and asked him if he was aware of it, which he answered positively by saying Voight's work were inspiring him.

On the other hand, sorry but i don't like any Hawtin productions since i first heard the Fuse lp in 1992 because even then i've thought i've heard better ways to deal with this idea. That's not a judgement, i'm not trying to convince you, this is just my humble opinion.
And i'm really sorry if i've hurt your feelings.
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

lol - no my feelings aren't hurt.... go listen to digweed