Dj Tiësto

- open
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

In a way I'm kind of surprised by this comment by Tiesto because it is a known fact that this guy likes techno very much!

Fact 1: He very much wants to attend @ Awakenings someday but it's the crowd who's not very much into that...

Fact 2: Blackhole is a trance label but if you check out the first compilations on that label (Space Age), that's not really trance at all... Also the Dj Montana mix compilations are just techno cd's.. I mean, why would a guy who owns a label bring out techno stuff and even play techno without liking it?
*I support southern fruits*
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

Jesse Somfay wrote:I fucking hate genres.
Maybe you shouldn't hate genres or something.
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

Deef wrote:of course you're 100% right jesse... but you've got to understand all of us are 'emotional' when someone disses the things we love. it's a natural thing.

but afterwards we realise our reaction had the same lack of maturity like tiesto's statement.

thx for your wisdom :)
maybe jesse have some problems with other type of genre.. receive or receiver :P ...

anyway... a simple correction mates... don't get so angry bout it, and keep on listening some tiesto, a big influence to jesse
:lol:
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Cans wrote:
Maybe you shouldn't hate genres or something.
You're right. I shouldn't and I don't hate them (meaning I don't hate on any of them...I admit I poke fun sometimes, but not to the degree of fck this or fck that or this is too this or too that and never in serious context.) I dislike the concept of segregating music. I view music as music and I pick what I like from everything and if I am not into something, I won't spend my time hating it.

Very good observation!
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

'gameover' wrote:anyway... a simple correction mates... don't get so angry bout it, and keep on listening some tiesto, a big influence to jesse
:lol:
Quite ;)

Haha!
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

Robot Criminal wrote:LOL
and i can listen techno WITHOUT drugs damn techno IS a drug.
Best post yet! :)
Just read the sig, man! :wink:
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Jesse Somfay wrote:
'gameover' wrote:
sub-genres

fck tiesto and his trancey sht
No...all genres.

Associating close mindedness with a genre is one of the most idiotic things anyone can do with music. If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and say no more.

So what if Tieso doesn't like "techno." Does that change the way it is viewed by anyone who does like techno? Of course not. And it shouldn't.

So who really cares if Tiesto makes a half-wit comment like that. It hardly matters at all.

I agree it was very immature of him to make that comment, and people would be better off not making comments like that or witnessing them. But sht happens, and being insulted by a comment like that and then flaming back just brings you down to his level.

I am not saying I do or do not support trance, or any one genre in particular, more than any other. I view them all equally. And that equality is what I support.

What I do not support is the blatant flaming between 'scenes' and genres of any type. No matter which 'side' you claim to be a part of. This kind of flaming is rather immature and uneducated. That goes for anyone who decides to comment like that. I don't care what genre or scene, no matter how big or small the artist in question is, the 'this is sht' and 'that is sht' is rediculous.

It's quite alright to dislike something. But to get pissed and flame over a half-wit comment over a genre? Come on.
You're just propagating these 'flame wars'.

I'm happy to live in a country where it's not a crime to criticize. It's too bad people don't like their cages being rattled or when people think for themselves.

This, btw, isn't about "hating trance" - not in full anyway.. regardless of what "genre" this tiesto moron is sporting, the fact is that he is a moron. Just look at the things he's done, things he has said in interviews and the music he has put out. All without substance or meaning or anything resembleing good or important. The really "immature" part of this all is that obviously people 'round these parts have no interest in the gentleman or his shitty music and so even if you were correct, it's kind of like walking into a cage of bears with steak strapped to your face. Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen and all that.

and for the record - trance is sh!t.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

And for the record. I don't care :)

C'est fini.