MNML producers BEWARE !!!!

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

PsyTox wrote:
cloutier wrote:
deccard wrote:could apply to stuff like maya jane something too. uninspired dj fodder.

maya jane coles.

i'm still convinced that she's got a ghostwriter providing her with tracks and tips, because i find it pretty hard to believe that, at her age, she's shitting out a track a day. and some of them have a level of complexity to them.

could be another martinez brothers situation...
sorry to disappoint you, but she is definetely the real deal. :) Love her sound quality, but I don't quite find the style itself pretty special.
Yeah, I've got a few of her tunes. Pretty good sh!t if you ask me. Definitely aimed at the dance floor...but that's not a bad thing. Good quality productions for certain.

I've got a few Corola records from the early 2000's that I like. I can't remember the name of them, but I know I liked them. I saw him dj twice and was unimpressed both times. He was on 3 decks and seemed to play the same track over and over. This was probably 6 or 7 years ago though (more possibly).
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

man.. that review was way too nice.

18 tracks of complete bullshit which all sound very very similiar. 18 tracks all the fucking same.. you can feel the inspiration :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

s.k. wrote:
cloutier wrote:i'm still convinced that she's got a ghostwriter providing her with tracks and tips, because i find it pretty hard to believe that, at her age, she's shitting out a track a day. and some of them have a level of complexity to them.
franck roger.
This is untrue. She makes her own beats.
loictambay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loictambay »

first dirty bird, then marco, now maya jane coles...honestly, if you don't like the music, just don't listen to it, don't go to the party, don't download the album. the good things about music is that there is some for everyone...
if everyone was producing music that people on this board find "acceptable" the current state of the scene would be even more stale imo.
people on here always push creativity, finding your own sound, not copying tracks that have been done before, yet if it doesn't fit in their idealistic mold of what music should be, then it's just bad music?
don't really understand it...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

loictambay wrote:first dirty bird, then marco, now maya jane coles...honestly, if you don't like the music, just don't listen to it, don't go to the party, don't download the album. the good things about music is that there is some for everyone...
i'm not listening. techno has become the laughing stock of music because of sh!t like this! there is nothing in this music, no emotion, no creativity, no funk, no story.... just emptyness.
loictambay wrote:if everyone was producing music that people on this board find "acceptable" the current state of the scene would be even more stale imo.

people on here always push creativity, finding your own sound, not copying tracks that have been done before, yet if it doesn't fit in their idealistic mold of what music should be, then it's just bad music?
don't really understand it...
all i want to hear is personality and a good groove. that's all it takes to put a smile on my face.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Whats wrong with Maya Jane Coles?
She plays some wicked music, it doesn't really fit the techno bracket does it? Her Resident Advisor mix had loads of emotion I think, her track 'Run with the Wild' is great imo.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

double rant.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

kristofason wrote:Whats wrong with Maya Jane Coles?
She plays some wicked music, it doesn't really fit the techno bracket does it? Her Resident Advisor mix had loads of emotion I think, her track 'Run with the Wild' is great imo.
Like someone said already its just fodder. It maybe of high quality, but in a few years time when you look back I doubt you will still play these records you are caining now. A bit like how tech house was for us uk peeps back when it was really popular. I'm talking Terry Francis, Eddie Richards etc... I used to love them tracks, but now when I listen back they are boring and have no real feeling. They were good at the time, because all I wanted to do was get off my head and dance all night, but now I look for a little bit more from dance music. Hosw many people here still play their olso records? Same thing for me... I just sold all them off cause I got the same feeling. They are just right for this time... in a few years the beatport sound will move and everyone will be saying the same thing about someone elses music. I dont see her music selling well on 12" format, for me its a digital thing which imo shows a lot about her audience. She can make music though, I dont think anyone here said it was bad music, just that its fodder