Where do you see...Electronic Music in 5 years

- open
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

id like to see the incorporation of all media....good or bad, its all relevant... shitty mp3's shitty youtube sampling...flawless digital mixes....its all just 1 step in a story. kazaam
signatures suck
muler0o
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by muler0o »

Roy Koch wrote:
muler0o wrote:raresh will release his first ep
Is this actually true or are you just expecting this?
Would be interesting to hear what he makes :)
haha no man is just a guess ...i'm curious too!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I'm in no way interested in "where I see electronic music going in five years". It's simply a fact that interesting music will continue to be produced and interesting artists will emerge from the woodwork and re emerge from the past. All I'm bothering myself with is refining my own music collection and developing a deeper understanding between myself and the sounds that move me.

Anyone care for a smoke?

Seriously though, midget iPad DJing ftw
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

in 5 years the scene is older, with an even greater generation clash than now. i see the scene dividing between the ones old school DJ'ing and the digital artists mixing large amounts of tracks, taking parts of it and making new things out of it. Nowadays, it's already like that but the output is relatively alike. in the future, this mashing up of tracks with the numbers of digital possibilities will make it sound extremely different from the usual DJ set. and also, the public is gonna know about it, everybody's going to be able to be a DJ, maybe that's a good thing, causing the digital dj's to really go experimental in their methods and the old school jocks to search even harder for obscure tracks noone knows...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

pafufta816 wrote:what i hope to see is more artists exploring outside the range of 120-130bpm. i get super bored of things in 125-130 area, i miss the 90's techno sounds that were 140bpm-ish.
lots of dubstep is 140bpm
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

b-ran wrote:
pafufta816 wrote:what i hope to see is more artists exploring outside the range of 120-130bpm. i get super bored of things in 125-130 area, i miss the 90's techno sounds that were 140bpm-ish.
no oh god no. no hard techno crap.
mmm, i don't mean hardcore. 140 is a little slow for that anyway :P. for me those "90's techno sounds" are old hawtin material (fuse, early plastikman), old johannes heil, basic channel, most anything from 90's tresor, these are the flavours i'm getting at.

i suppose berghain and all this recent "dark deep" techno, mike dehnert, peter van hoesen, ben klock, these are the "successors" to the tresor legacy (inifiniti, jeff mills, joey beltram). and i dig their stuff, but it is just too slow for me. take adam x's traversable wormhole, heavy industrial-techno stuff, but much of it is 128 bpm. if it sounded good pitched at 140 i'd play it that speed. luckily most of this 125-130 stuff can be pitched down to 120, which sounds nice and opium-remixy.

tone-def, this fact is possibly the most attractive aspect of dubstep to me. i find most of it soulless and bland. the more technoid/house forms of dubstep are drawing in a lot of dj's into the realms of techno. straight dubstep mixes just sound like a 90's jungle set slowed down 50 bpm much of the time :P
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

b-ran wrote:
no oh god no. no hard techno crap.
Was that a joke?!
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

[quote="thefunnel"....guys in the States that are finding DnB to be this "new" earth-shattering genre of music is quite staggering."[/quote]
Drum and bass is old news in the United States, like old enough to be retro. :lol: