turntables + ableton live set

- ask away
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Ugh... i tried it last night... and i think i'll go to the pitch bending method with a slider. while the bending seems to work really well. However the actual tempo adjustments are a little too strange to get used to. So after first hand experience I wouldn't recommend it now without warning.[/quote]

+1, the bending works pretty well, but like you say, its a mind fck to change tempo.....

As long as you set the tempo slider assignemnt to < ± 6bpm in range, it has a 0.03bpm increment, half way between an 800 and a 1000, which is ok.....

its a shame there isnt another gui, made by ableton, which will let live 6 accomodate 2 tempo midi asignments.....

Roll on 7......
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
its a shame there isnt another gui, made by ableton, which will let live 6 accomodate 2 tempo midi asignments.....

Roll on 7......
there may be a way to do this with a different type of controller... there is all those settings for the mapping type. If you've got the right kind of controller i'm sure you could get more that the standard 128 values that midi provides.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest