Working with an engineer

- open
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Nice one, thanks dude.

Do you think getting a custom built PC is the way to go?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

VORTEX VALUE PRO 2010

possibly something like this - I'd upgrade the RAM to at least 4GB

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalo ... CEIQ8wIwBA#

like this as well.

I do love imacs though would diss anyone for getting one, if anything for the sexy monitor, great resolution!!!
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

how about just getting an ESX Electribe? They look fun?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

A DJ is not a talented musician. 99% of DJ's are wankers, especially today
didnt like this comment - I have know quite a few and very few of them have been 'wankers' - sweeping statement perhaps?
mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

jackbrazzo wrote:
didnt like this comment - I have know quite a few and very few of them have been 'wankers' - sweeping statement perhaps?
You can't sneeze sideways without hitting a dj today. Based on simple mathematics that 1% leaves about 5,000 dj's ;)

Even in the days of records you'd have loads of DJ's that would play the same set week in, week out and buy maybe one or two new records every 3 months. And not because they couldn't afford it, but because they didn't want to break their anthem formula.

I stand by my statement. Nearly every DJ believes they deserve to play the headline slot at every gig. They think that their musical tastes are superior and they command attention regardless of their ability.

I'd even go so far as to say 99% of DJ's right now couldn't play a proper warm-up set if their lives depended on it. A sign of a DJs talent to me is their ability to play a time slot in proper fashion. But that's a whole other argument innit ;)
Techno producer and DJ concerned by the social obligation to pigeonhole by design and inspired by the desire to hold pigeons.

www.freqboutique.com
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

iainkerr7 wrote:Do you think getting a custom built PC is the way to go?
do you mean putting one together yourself or one of those audio PC's? i would go for the second option, lots of people have trouble when building a PC for music. i'm a mac user so i can't give much advice on the PC market.
jackbrazzo wrote:how about just getting an ESX Electribe? They look fun?
although fun, you will need more equipment to record it and it's very limited compared to software.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

mick finesse wrote:
jackbrazzo wrote:
You can't sneeze sideways without hitting a dj today. Based on simple mathematics that 1% leaves about 5,000 dj's ;)

Even in the days of records you'd have loads of DJ's that would play the same set week in, week out and buy maybe one or two new records every 3 months. And not because they couldn't afford it, but because they didn't want to break their anthem formula.

I stand by my statement. Nearly every DJ believes they deserve to play the headline slot at every gig. They think that their musical tastes are superior and they command attention regardless of their ability.

I'd even go so far as to say 99% of DJ's right now couldn't play a proper warm-up set if their lives depended on it. A sign of a DJs talent to me is their ability to play a time slot in proper fashion. But that's a whole other argument innit ;)
In all of your arguments you are so in love with your own opinion that you have convinced yourself that is it right.
You are making a laughing stock of yourself right now with comments like that.
It's cool to have a discussion on here but you argue like a teenager who thinks they are always right and that is not for me.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

tone-def wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:Do you think getting a custom built PC is the way to go?
do you mean putting one together yourself or one of those audio PC's? i would go for the second option, lots of people have trouble when building a PC for music. i'm a mac user so i can't give much advice on the PC market.
jackbrazzo wrote:how about just getting an ESX Electribe? They look fun?
although fun, you will need more equipment to record it and it's very limited compared to software.
Not building one my self ha :) getting one built for me.

I have no clue either man.