mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think someone's trolling
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

Themis wrote:You argued not against this petition but against what it stands for: not killing whales.
I'm not; I said that I think that killing whales is wrong as killing pigs or cows (for example).
i think someone's trolling
So I a Jew or am I troll?
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

I think there is nothing against to be both of that.
:D
I'm just jocking dude.
tabula rasa
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

uritotti wrote: I'm not; I said that I think that killing whales is wrong as killing pigs or cows (for example).
then we are all on the same boat, fine :)

but if we wait with stoping whalehunts until all other countrys have stopped eating cows and chicken, then the whale hunting problem is no problem anymore, cause they are on the brink of extinction. and there is no benefit for humans in the extinction of whales.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

what about whale farms? would that make everyone happy? or are you suggesting we all become vegetarians?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

im suggesting we dont kill animals that are on the brink of extinction, cause no one benefits from that ...

is that not common sense? its a lifeform, if the last is dead no one will ever see a whale again, a million year of evolution thrown away.

cause some people like whale meat more than some other kind of meat thats just silly.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Themis wrote:im suggesting we dont kill animals that are on the brink of extinction, cause no one benefits from that ...

is that not common sense? its a lifeform, if the last is dead no one will ever see a whale again, a million year of evolution thrown away.

cause some people like whale meat more than some other kind of meat thats just silly.
yes i agree.

i just think it's funny how uritotti is comparing cows and chickens which are farmed to whale hunting. there is no shortage of cows and chicken because humans control the numbers of these animals.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the extinction thing is a massive bummer but for me that's not all of it.

cows and chickens get a horrible deal in the Western world.

Chickens get crammed into tiny little spaces full of disease, and all kinds of nasty sh!t. Ok they're not the smartest guys in the world but I don't think it's fair that we turn their whole lives into sh!t.

Cows as well, especially in America in big factories and to a certain extent in UK as well get fucking awful treatment, and those guys aren't stupid by any means. I don't think anyone can read about mothers crying out for their children and not feel sad about that.

I accept that it's not realistic to expect everyone to stop eating meat, but we need to improve standards of how these animals are treated... It's too easy just to make the end product look clean and blood free, but the reality is that there is a lot of suffering behind treatment of animals in the West.

Theres no part of killing whales that is good, but its definitely not the only way human beings fck over other species, that's for sure.