dj mixer

- ask away
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

I like the xone 92 and the djm800.

Why does the top 10% of the up fader on the xone affect about half the overall volume?
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

because it is built so and i dont see a problem in that , but maybe someone can tell me if anybody else on xone 62 has got a problem in the crossfader?
if the crossfader is set to middle , when i turn it on the volume goes down by 1-2db it pisses me of so much , because now i cant use 2 filters at once and can only have one side working of crossfader , btw if crossfader is down to left or right everything is alright only the middle .. (the curve for 'smooth' mixing)
its all about the rhythm
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

set the curve switch (upper left of crossfader) to the symbol with the flat line (=cut) instead of the one that looks like a cross (=dip)?
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

well one curve is -6db and another is about -1-2db from the actual level , so not... :/ so when you set the curve its alrtight for cue? same volume for the cue and the master when CF in middle?
its all about the rhythm
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

In terms of treading the line between usability and features I think my favourite would be the DJM600 (it's certainly the mixer I'm most comfortable using - and I don't even own one), but I do notice that the sound comes out a bit smeared. A&Hs are ok, but I'm not a huge fan to be honest - due largely to the fact that the cue/master pot only goes to 50/50 and not 100% master. What's up with that? I know you can monitor the master by switching off all the cue buttons, but why should it be impossible to have mostly master with a little bit of cue, and to be able to do it all with the one knob?

I dig the Formula Sound stuff a lot, the few times I've played on a FF6000 I thought it felt really nice, was built like a tank and sounded great.

Can't stand DJM800s. They feel like horrible flashy toys to me. Way too much stuff going on.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

you can do that by using aux knobs not a problem with a&h just another way of doing that :)
its all about the rhythm
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Rookas wrote:you can do that by using aux knobs not a problem with a&h just another way of doing that :)
OK, but it's a pain in the arse. You wouldn't say to a scratch DJ about a mixer with no crossfader, "you can do the same thing by using the up faders, it's just another way of doing the same thing". What separates a DJ mixer from a FOH mixer is usability and speed in critical situations. If usability weren't a concern, all the biggest clubs would have 32-channel Midas sound desks in their booths with outboard FX processing fed from channel sends.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

well actually its how it should be done:) with good monitoring systems :) BUT you can do it another way if you REALLy want/need that :)
its all about the rhythm