How has your taste progressed?

- open
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

miniKAT wrote: Anyway u wanna know progression, i'll tell u progression. Progression is a buncha djs and producers playing producing the same sh!t like they using eachothers crates and ableton presets and having to sift through 100 examples of the same song to find one decent standout track.
There you have the famous "Mannheim Sound" again. May I edit the quote:
erdbeerschnitzel wrote: Anyway u wanna know progression, i'll tell u progression. Progression is a buncha Mannheimers and Mannheimerproducers playing producing the same sh!t and they are actually using eachothers crates and ableton presets and bongoloops and having to sift through 100 examples of the same mannheimsong to find that orbitalife standout track.
@Storlon: I love the idea of arguing about japanese drummachines and samplers which should not be used by american producers because we shall not use american soul samples. Classic endless discussion.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Del wrote:@ shypht
For relaxing at the end of the night - nothing can top Jan Jelinek it seems, his live @ beta lounge set does it for me almost every time.
Fancy uploading this / hooking me up with a link? Would love to have a listen ;)
Jan Jelinek Live @ Beta Lounge
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

Man that is all f*cked up! Endless crap, none of this would exist without the guy who created the first damn piano somewhere in Europe.

I admire american Dj's trust me, from UR to FXHE, but hell, this sound wouldn't be a big deal without europe.

Of course House and Techno mainly comes from the US, but in the end there is probably more Jeff Mills fans over here than in US.

I think there are amazing producers everywhere, yellow ones, black ones, white ones...

You know there are sh!t loads of good electronic music all around the globe, I know talented guys here in Paris, Germany was and still is a centre of creativity, UK is full of great (amazing) artists...

In Europe there is a scene ( I mean, a real one ) and that allowed many guys to play out of Chicago, Detroit, etc... So a big scene means hype, all this, and of course, this not-so-good-underground music.

Oh, and isn't Techno George Clinton and Kraftwerk stuck in an elevator?

So basically, it's deeply african rooted music with german music. And lord knows what influenced both of them.

There is good music everywhere (Moodymann/Maurizio) and sh!t music everywhere (Black Eyed Peas-Lady Gaga/Tiesto-Guetta-Italian minimal 8) ).

But there's no doubt, we all know where cheesy business music was born.

And honeslty I see more things happening here (good or bad) in Europe today.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah man WORD !

fck america, europe is the best !! (im not serious, in case someone dont get it)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

maxeinsoul wrote: Oh, and isn't Techno George Clinton and Kraftwerk stuck in an elevator?
i wish it was
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

It seems the new buzzwords this month are mannheim, Maurizio and moodyman. Last few months the buzzword seemed to be "organic" sounds.

I still don't really know what that is supposed to mean. I imagine it's somewhat akin to the sound a vegetable decomposing? jk but how organic can electronic music really sound?
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

How has your taste progressed?
I get sour by the hour.
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

I didn't like 97% of all Vocals earlier, now I HATE 99% of these.

There are such kickin ass tracks and then some Vocals coming up, talking rubbish,destroying everything.

Still depends though, there some things I like but to 99% I can't stand them.

Need more Grindhouse (Original Mix) :/