ONE tune thats doin it for you at the moment...

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

you seriously want to have this discussion?

you don't like people that "won't give up their knowledge of music"?

so the five or six hundred track id's i've delivered on a silver platter to this community in the last five years isn't enough of a contribution?

part of the competition and game of djing is having things others don't. when it comes to new release, i don't just give that information out, because that's what sets me apart from my peers, and that's what keeps me from having the exact same crate as the people that open and close for me. does that not compute with anyone anymore?

telling me i need to pull my head from ass because i won't tell you what new, hot gem i'm playing is complete and utter bullshit. i spend hours and hours a day, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month on new music - you think i'm just going to splay them out on a table for everyone to see and divulge all the information i've worked hard to find over to the world? you're seriously nuts.

i'll gladly give people information on tracks that are old and have been out for months or years - i have zero problem doing that (with few exceptions), and i've been doing it for years on this website, and on countless others.

don't get all high and fucking mighty on me and tell me that I'M the asshole because I won't give out everything - 'cause i've been doing that for people on here with not so much as a thank you, and after a while, being a team player just isn't in it when you get nothing in return except copycat dj's that rifle through everyone else's crates and pretend they're savants.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

TranceSetters - Roaches (Peace Division remix)
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

cloutier wrote:you seriously want to have this discussion?

so the five or six hundred track id's i've delivered on a silver platter to this community in the last five years isn't enough of a contribution?

part of the competition and game of djing is having things others don't. when it comes to new release, i don't just give that information out, because that's what sets me apart from my peers, and that's what keeps me from having the exact same crate as the people that open and close for me. does that not compute with anyone anymore?

telling me i need to pull my head from azz because i won't tell you what new, hot gem i'm playing is complete and utter bullshit. i spend hours and hours a day, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month on new music - you think i'm just going to splay them out on a table for everyone to see and divulge all the information i've worked hard to find over to the world? you're seriously nuts.

i'll gladly give people information on tracks that are old and have been out for months or years - i have zero problem doing that (with few exceptions), and i've been doing it for years on this website, and on countless others.

don't get all high and fcking mighty on me and tell me that I'M the asshole because I won't give out everything - 'cause i've been doing that for people on here with not so much as a thank you, and after a while, being a team player just isn't in it when you get nothing in return except copycat dj's that rifle through everyone else's crates and pretend they're savants.
all that aside, what do u think of Dan Ghenacia - Eightball? Honestly
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

cloutier, you gave me a good chuckle there. I think you took that too personally.
cloutier wrote:you seriously want to have this discussion?

I am sure the community appreciates your service. My attitude towards your attitude was born of my experiences with douch bag djs long ago and has very little to do with you. Its just the way I feel about that sh!t because of people I have known.
cloutier wrote:i spend hours and hours a day, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month on new music - you think i'm just going to splay them out on a table for everyone to see and divulge all the information i've worked hard to find over to the world? you're seriously nuts.
You're doing something you enjoy and nobody is putting a gun to your head to make it happen so I don't see what sets you off about all this.
cloutier wrote:don't get all high and fcking mighty on me and tell me that I'M the asshole because I won't give out everything - 'cause i've been doing that for people on here with not so much as a thank you, and after a while, being a team player just isn't in it when you get nothing in return except copycat dj's that rifle through everyone else's crates and pretend they're savants.
psssst... I'll let you in on a secret. Djs or people who are aspiring DJs are total douch bags. Don't expect much. Oh, and i never said you were an asshole. I am sure a lot of people have enjoyed the music you have told them about. Let go of your sense of entitlement because of past deeds and keep the flow of knowledge coming cause its what you do today that matters.

Ha! That sounded like something a evangelical motivational speaker would say :lol:
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

cloutier wrote:don't get all high and fcking mighty on me

Hey man, I have always had a lot of respect for you and can understand the sentiment, but really... you are the one coming off sounding holier-than-thou.

I don't care what anyone else is playing, I do my own diggin' and I am happy to share the results if I find something interesting, as I believe that is the point of being a DJ.

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
cloutier wrote:i spend hours and hours a day, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month on new music - you think i'm just going to splay them out on a table for everyone to see and divulge all the information i've worked hard to find over to the world? you're seriously nuts.
You're doing something you enjoy and nobody is putting a gun to your head to make it happen so I don't see what sets you off about all this.

Let go of your sense of entitlement because of past deeds and keep the flow of knowledge coming cause its what you do today that matters.
I have to agree with shepard, i don't care about what tracks people would or would not share, but someone so heated about this shows a deeper problem. Perhaps people wont share because they feels like if someone else knew their gems then their position as a DJ would become obsolete to "douchebag" poser djs. Which essentially was all of us at one point. :)

In any event, I could care less. Carry on.
Last edited by livecollective on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

livecollective wrote:In any event, I could care less. Carry on.
so you're saying you could actually care less, but you care more :lol:

-----------------

one tune? jeez...i don't know there's always a bunch. i love "coming from under" by doubting thomas, but for some reason "windowlicker" is stuck in my head at the moment. yes i am aware that song is ancient...
- matt
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

kristofason wrote:if its the one with the spanish vocals in its nice!
I like that one too but its the other track that I'm talking about. The one with the girl sing-talking during the breakdown.

I know that you just asked for one but I can't help myself... heres some more I'm liking these days.

St Germaine - Pont Des Arts
Herb LF - Sunliner
[slgrv_29] malinade (dubova_ep_02) Buk Dub Original Mix (netlabel)
The Selph - Falsità Ep - Falsità (Reminds me of Freeks by Bjorn Petrikat)
Keisuke Kondo - About You (Its like older Isolee stuff but better, netlabel too)
Substance and Vainqueur - Reverberation
Ryko - Gone (avaliable in netlabels section, hope this guy makes more music!!!!)
Kuba Sojka - Silent Before Storm (netlabel)
Afro Cuban Jazz Project - Rumba (Salsa Cuba Cafe)
The Messenger - Blue Summer Night
Luke Hess - Reel Life
Daso - Pars Tensa
Monsoon - Angel Dust
MRI - Flabbergast
The Beloved - The Sun Rising (Extended Mix 1989) :lol:
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Anu on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
kristofason wrote:if its the one with the spanish vocals in its nice!
I like that one too but its the other track that I'm talking about. The one with the girl sing-talking during the breakdown.

I know that you just asked for one but I can't help myself... heres some more I'm liking these days.

St Germaine - Pont Des Arts
Herb LF - Sunliner
[slgrv_29] malinade (dubova_ep_02) Buk Dub Original Mix (netlabel)
The Selph - Falsit - Siberia (Reminds me of Freeks by Bjorn Petrikat)
Keisuke Kondo - About You (Its like older Isolee stuff but better, netlabel too)
Substance and Vainqueur - Reverberation
Ryko - Gone (avaliable in netlabels section, hope this guy makes more music!!!!)
Kuba Sojka - Silent Before Storm (netlabel)
Afro Cuban Jazz Project - Rumba (Salsa Cuba Cafe)
The Messenger - Blue Summer Night
Luke Hess - Reel Life
Daso - Pars Tensa
Monsoon - Angel Dust
MRI - Flabbergast
The Beloved - The Sun Rising (Extended Mix 1989) :lol:
mate!!! fck il give u some feedback on these in 2 weeks!!