Have you suggestion on very good albums?

- open
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

El-P - I'll sleep when you're dead (some guest spots including trent reznor)
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

some more jazzy oldschool stuff:
Soulphiction - Soulphiction EP 01
Freude Am Tanzen 17
or
Maayan Nidam - Nightlong
power shovel audio 29
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

Dragonsand wrote:As mentionned, Ezekiel Honig's music is very very elegant.

And, speaking about Villalobos, as mentionned, again, Thé Au Harem D'Archimède is my favourite album from him.

Everytime I hear Hireklon, I'm completely hypnotized. It's rare that a track has this strong effect on me.

Have you noticed how spectacular is the bass, the ambiance in this track? Wow. That's what I call "intelligent techno", because it does not sound euphoric like a lot of nowadays "minimal". It's smart, progressive, dark and chirurgical but very organic at the same time, with all the attention brought to the repetitiv and storytelling bassline, and not to average details placed random here and there.

Hireklon is, for me, the golden era of Ricardo.

reminder : http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF159740-01-01-01.mp3 even with a shitty sample it sounds good.
Good description. Hireklon is a beauty indeed.
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

Mogwai - Young Team

Amazing album and an amazing band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCw1eHEL2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cddprg-YwXQ
Last edited by Kleig on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

some more...

reinhard voigt - im wandel der zeit (kompakt) [simple but big fun. not everybody's taste though]
prefuse 73 - one word extinguisher (warp)
alex cortex - inwards (ann aimee) [quite "sketchy" but with some super nice tracks on it]
tin man - acid acid (global a)
aardvarck - cult copy (rush hour) [whenever i hear it.... i am astonished how good this is. really a master of drum programming]
the other people place - lifestyles of the laptop cafe (warp) [this one i will take with me when i will one day leave this world. totally timeless, for me one of the best records ever]
drexciya - neptune's lair (tresor)
herbert - around the house (k7) [my favourite herbert album]
black uhuru - showcase (black rose)
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

And, speaking about Villalobos, as mentionned, again, Thé Au Harem D'Archimède is my favourite album from him.

Everytime I hear Hireklon, I'm completely hypnotized. It's rare that a track has this strong effect on me.

Have you noticed how spectacular is the bass, the ambiance in this track? Wow. That's what I call "intelligent techno", because it does not sound euphoric like a lot of nowadays "minimal". It's smart, progressive, dark and chirurgical but very organic at the same time, with all the attention brought to the repetitiv and storytelling bassline, and not to average details placed random here and there.

reminder : http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF159740-01-01-01.mp3 even with a shitty sample it sounds good.
I agree, Thé Au Harem D'Archimède is indeed an excellent album and Hireklon is a great track. Though I think last years Vasco e.p has to be my favourite Villalobos material ever though. Never fails to blow my mind. He continues to out do himself, genius!
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

farben - texstar
auch - kiss tomorrow goodbye
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Del wrote:

I agree, Thé Au Harem D'Archimède is indeed an excellent album and Hireklon is a great track. Though I think last years Vasco e.p has to be my favourite Villalobos material ever though. Never fails to blow my mind. He continues to out do himself, genius!
Alcachofa still touches me more than both of these although they're all great!

I don't like the album concept though. An artist is restricted in lots of ways, the worst of all being that it every track has to sound as a part of the album atmosphere...

Dance music was made to create feelings on the moment itself, on the dancefloor, that's what I like so much about EDM. When an artist is in a studio, working on an album, he somehow fabricates an emotion for the listener at home which is in huge contradiction with the original ethos of modern dance music. It's like listening to the past, not the present. It's the way rock and pop artists intereprete music, not the house generation.

That's why the 'album' only works when artists differentiate from the dancefloor feel and go more 'pop-like', e.g. Luciano's Blind Behaviour or the recently released Ay Ay Ay by Matias Aquayo...