Random quotes

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

great topic..

true @ Sangria in Royal Oak, MI

playing a down tempo dubby deep house set above a Spanish restaurant.

guy: hey man, do you have any black sabbath ?

me: no many sorry, I must have left that at home tonight.

guy: well... how about some ozzy osbourne

me: no... but I'll try to bring that next week tho...

guy: ohh ok cool.. hey man you wanna drink..?

me: sure man...

* note to self try the following below.

Priceless

dncn wrote:class.^^^^

a good technique can be to take advantage of the noise levels to pretend you didnt hear what they said and give confusing random answers...

eg...

Punter - 'can you play faithless for me?'

me - 'youre a faceless moron? what?

Punter - 'can you play something with lyrics?'

me - 'can you pay someone to lick sick? what the f*ck man?'

works every time.

behold the puzzled expression of 'did he just say what i think he said' on said munted fools.'
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

i had the best one ever the other night...

was playing my live set and this guy comes to the side of the booth, chewin his face off like a first year uni kid who's just got into his pills, and he's lookin at me, all wide eyed, bopping about... im thinking, what the fck? but just try to ignore him... anyway he tapd me on the side and i look over and hes just lookin at me, still bopin about, still gurning for england, and doesnt say anything, just nods at me....

oooookay.

after a few minutes he taps me again, so i ask him 'what is it dude?'

he rolls his eyes back in his head, clearly struggling to get the words out.. and stutters away... 'a...aa...are you......a student?'

-'No'

-'ahhh....er.... safe'

he shakes my hand, gives me the thumbs up and fucks off.

comes back from the bar with a rum and coke for me and then i dont see the crazy bastard again all night.

now THAT is random!!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

dncn wrote:i had the best one ever the other night...

was playing my live set and this guy comes to the side of the booth, chewin his face off like a first year uni kid who's just got into his pills, and he's lookin at me, all wide eyed, bopping about... im thinking, what the f*ck? but just try to ignore him... anyway he tapd me on the side and i look over and hes just lookin at me, still bopin about, still gurning for england, and doesnt say anything, just nods at me....

oooookay.

after a few minutes he taps me again, so i ask him 'what is it dude?'

he rolls his eyes back in his head, clearly struggling to get the words out.. and stutters away... 'a...aa...are you......a student?'

-'No'

-'ahhh....er.... safe'

he shakes my hand, gives me the thumbs up and fucks off.

comes back from the bar with a rum and coke for me and then i dont see the crazy bastard again all night.

now THAT is random!!

HAHA, top quality.
Reminds of when one of my friends, very fucked up at Tresor, ordered a beer from Sven Väth, whoom he thought was the bartender.... :D :shock: :D
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

patrick bateman wrote: HAHA, top quality.
Reminds of when one of my friends, very fucked up at Tresor, ordered a beer from Sven Väth, whoom he thought was the bartender.... :D :shock: :D
:lol:

very funny... did he get the beer...? :D :D

I was spinning some tracks a couple weeks ago in a bar after getting back from I love techno.. got asked

guy 'what you call this then, you got any decent music?'

me 'its minimal techno and that depends on your perception of decent'

guy 'minimal techno? never heard of them, you got any abba?'

:D
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i was playing some audion & alike this friday, and then this girl comes up and ask

- "you got anything by the cure?"

- no, have you been listening to what i play?

- "oh yeah true.. okay you got anything by the smiths?"

..and thats when i went away and grabbed another beer.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

the funniest thing ever happened to me on a gig: last week i was playing live with my mate at this small club in lisbon, we were just jamming along our laptops and keyboards, when this group of people, seemingly in a very "happy" mood(read: coked up like hell..), enters the place. one of these guys is a friend of mine, so he comes up to me and tells me he's doing 'babysitting' for these guys, they are the village people (i knew there was a show in lisbon the next day with village people and boney m!)!
suddendly, out of the blue, one of these guys comes up and starts to sing along to our techno, which gets the place all fired up, so i hand him over my headphones and plug them in my mixer and tell him to use it as a microphone. wow, that exited him...we started playing some disco beats and he is in heaven, sings everything from ymca to ring my bell, over our disco beats. after a couple of minutes he stops and hugs us both and tells us(in a very gayish manner):"i love you guys, i want to take you to new york with me". surreal.

it was this guy:
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

hahaha. excellent!
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

truth is stranger than fiction :D