TRAKTOR SCRATCH - WHO USES THE SYNC?

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Jamesventuri wrote:
bipedal103 wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote: Yeh they have brought out a pitch adjustment mod for the 1210, its the future of djing, you don't even have to do anything...
Are you trying to be smart laddy?
Look mr MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE, don't mistake me for a Ableton/lappie MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE fag... ANd leave your idiotic english sarcasm at home, little kiddie. If you want to answer a question answer it, if not go play with your lappie
best post in MONTHS on the whole forum. :lol: :lol:

lol

bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

JackNine wrote: but what else can you do? Do you have any musical taste? Can you pick tracks that flow from one to the next? Do you have a journey? For the vast majority of DJs today, even with auto beatmatching, the answer is no.
These things you listed are a key part of DJ-ing and mastering them takes years, and no tool will do this for you. It's about knowing which tracks go together, about musical taste, about creating a journey, just as you said it. It is also about creating your own collection of records, and this also takes time. I wrote a few of these things this few days ago on a different forum. But having tools like Traktor and stuff is not a good thing for a beginner. It just enables him to bypass all this stuff that is required to be a good DJ and just clicks the sync button, and thinks to himself, "yea I can do it instantly, I don't need anything else"... That's why I don't mind these big guys doing it w/ Traktor nowadays, because they have proven themselves numerous times by now....
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

Jamesventuri wrote:
bipedal103 wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote: Yeh they have brought out a pitch adjustment mod for the 1210, its the future of djing, you don't even have to do anything...
Look mr MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE, don't mistake me for a Ableton/lappie MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE fag... ANd leave your idiotic english sarcasm at home, little kiddie. If you want to answer a question answer it, if not go play with your lappie
TO MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE: I am very sorry for my reaction, I guess I was having a bad day. Sorry mate, I just want to discuss topics I'm interested in, nothing more...Greets
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

bipedal103 wrote:
Jamesventuri wrote:
bipedal103 wrote:
TO MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE: I am very sorry for my reaction, I guess I was having a bad day. Sorry mate, I just want to discuss topics I'm interested in, nothing more...Greets
GOOD ONE!! bipedal....
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

bipedal103 wrote:That's why I don't mind these big guys doing it w/ Traktor nowadays, because they have proven themselves numerous times by now....
So in a way you are saying... a famous artist that has been touring for years now can go on stage with some new peice of technology that plays their guitar for them?

What type of test do you have to take to prove yourself?

The only use traktor has is if the turntables or mixer break down in a live setting then there is a system available to continue to play music.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

Well for these guys...I don't know, they're veterans you know, they'll pull the crowd if they play on anything...
And it's probably that they do it for money, also. For Hawtin it's definitely a matter of endorsing the equipment.. I mean look at that NI vid when he demos the looping in Traktor but it sounds awful...That's kinda funny.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

bipedal103 wrote:Well for these guys...I don't know, they're veterans you know, they'll pull the crowd if they play on anything...
And it's probably that they do it for money, also. For Hawtin it's definitely a matter of endorsing the equipment.. I mean look at that NI vid when he demos the looping in Traktor but it sounds awful...That's kinda funny.
you are so right about this endorsement.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

hydrogen wrote: you are so right about this endorsement.
well yeah, the poor guys with these digital setups are just trying to recreate something they knew how to do 20 years ago...just mix... onstage they're probably going "man i'm too old for this s..." :D