Minitek Sunday New York (10 setz)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

minimalwyte wrote:Downloadin Troy Pierce now, I remember he was rippin sht Sunday night.
Great set for sure !
tdmusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tdmusic »

Hawtin's set is good (save for the ending, but I'll let that go, maybe you had to be there...) - much better than at Sunday Adventure Club I think - but he needs to stop with the short looping effect. It's such an obvious effect, Traktor isn't that great at doing it (it's not flexible enough with timings and quite hard to use rhythmically the way it's been implemented), and it just distracts from the music and mixing (which is otherwise rather good!). I still enjoy the other looping effect (the pitched up/down trademark one), but this new loop-1/4-of-a-bar-and-then-play-with-the-loop-length effect needs to stop!

The bit where it slips out of time (around 30:00) is a bit dodgy... Bad gridding on Traktor? Whatever, it sounds bad and seems like with the new setup he didn't have a way to manually slip it back in time. Hardly ruins the set though!

Definitely sounds like he's settling in to the technology though, give it a bit of time and I think the results will be quite impressive.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

tdmusic wrote:Hawtin's set is good (save for the ending, but I'll let that go, maybe you had to be there...) - much better than at Sunday Adventure Club I think - but he needs to stop with the short looping effect. It's such an obvious effect, Traktor isn't that great at doing it (it's not flexible enough with timings and quite hard to use rhythmically the way it's been implemented), and it just distracts from the music and mixing (which is otherwise rather good!). I still enjoy the other looping effect (the pitched up/down trademark one), but this new loop-1/4-of-a-bar-and-then-play-with-the-loop-length effect needs to stop!

The bit where it slips out of time (around 30:00) is a bit dodgy... Bad gridding on Traktor? Whatever, it sounds bad and seems like with the new setup he didn't have a way to manually slip it back in time. Hardly ruins the set though!

Definitely sounds like he's settling in to the technology though, give it a bit of time and I think the results will be quite impressive.
I'm totally agree with you for this weak looping effect :?
the higher bid kill the music and his dj..
tabula rasa
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

john clees wrote:any mirrors of :

konrad black

:)
:!:
BraZen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BraZen »

thank you :shock:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tdmusic wrote:Hawtin's set is good (save for the ending, but I'll let that go, maybe you had to be there...) - much better than at Sunday Adventure Club I think - but he needs to stop with the short looping effect. It's such an obvious effect, Traktor isn't that great at doing it (it's not flexible enough with timings and quite hard to use rhythmically the way it's been implemented), and it just distracts from the music and mixing (which is otherwise rather good!). I still enjoy the other looping effect (the pitched up/down trademark one), but this new loop-1/4-of-a-bar-and-then-play-with-the-loop-length effect needs to stop!

Yeah well.. I admire what he is doing, except for using the looping efx 20-30 times in 30 minutes, which for me is a bit overkill, but I'm sure it will be better soon...
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

john clees wrote:
john clees wrote:any mirrors of :

konrad black

:)
:!:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/siwot3

enjoy! really hot! :D
tabula rasa