i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

So the rats are leaving the sinking ship? At last...

@Pheek - applause, applause! Can i quote you on that?
Always think twice.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: i'm fed up... i beg you...

Post by sven laux »

pheek wrote:Please delete all arpeggios from your worksheets in Ableton or other producing software.
noooooooooooo! whyyyyyy? nooooooooooooooo!

:)

btw. great thread, jp
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Stomper wrote:
AK wrote:What sound is it that everyone is on about anyways?

I wouldn't know, not been into this music for long.
It also hasnt changed for a long time ;)
Don't be cryptic...

Just think, if you don't tell me, I might make it by accident.
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Off course as a label you get tons of demo's but it's always nice find little diamonds between all those tracks. And it's a nice feeling when you find a great track.
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

rim shuffleitis.

it's all about trock anyways.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

pheek wrote:Where the fck has sound design went? It used to be about that!!! Hello weirdness... (-)
its always about sound design, always has been always will be. whoever doesnt realise it looses in the long term. sequencing has nothing to do with it, it cannot invent a new sound.

people like half hawaii make an ep in 2-3 months time. what do you think they are doing in those months - sequencing grooves? no, most of the time goes in synthesizing the kick drum and the basses. and these are experienced producers too. they knoe that its the sound thats important and if you create it, making the actual tracks is a piece of cake.

p.s. what im fed up is every second topic on the section becoming a discussion about hype and various unimportant stuff. this used to be a production section... :)
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Agree with you there, Ive realised this over the past few months that the sounds you create are much more important than the actual track layout. You can lay a simple track down in no time at all with a kick drum, few percussion tracks and a few synth/basslines. It may sound ok but it'll probably be incredibly unoriginal.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

s.k. wrote:
pheek wrote:Where the fck has sound design went? It used to be about that!!! Hello weirdness... (-)
its always about sound design, always has been always will be. whoever doesnt realise it looses in the long term. sequencing has nothing to do with it, it cannot invent a new sound.

people like half hawaii make an ep in 2-3 months time. what do you think they are doing in those months - sequencing grooves? no, most of the time goes in synthesizing the kick drum and the basses. and these are experienced producers too. they knoe that its the sound thats important and if you create it, making the actual tracks is a piece of cake.

p.s. what im fed up is every second topic on the section becoming a discussion about hype and various unimportant stuff. this used to be a production section... :)
Yeah excellent post. Sounds are of course very important, but to seperate that away from structure is, for me, is not right.

The two are very tied up with each other. Great sound but boring structrue is no good either.

and yes, this hype thing all the time. Get over it. Read magazines, website and things that dont talk about them. Hang out with people who like different music. Go to nights that arent M_nus nigths. They arent absolutly everywhere.