sexuality and making electronic music

- ask away
Alexey Mirsky
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Alexey Mirsky »

I think due to the layer of abstraction involved in creating any electronica there is very little (if any) direct emotion (including sexual, vocal samples aside) going into the music. This is not to say that there isn't tons of emotion in the final product, but it's not the same as with instruments or vocals, the emotion is created thru a mechanical process and understanding of technology. As such I would say that there is no freaking way to preceive sex or sexual preference of the producer, all the ppl who say the do, do it with hindsight / knowing who the producer is already. I bet if someone cared enuff to design a quiz (guess if producer is gay or woman based on the sample) the results would be the same as random guesses.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

masculine / feminine influence art, evidently, like your way of life in general.

BUT, saying that you can guess if the artist is gay, is saying that homosexuality is uniform, so you are reached by stereotypes.

you can have a very feminine aspect and being heterosexual, you can look and behave like a beast and being homosexual, so, really, how can you guess gay music.. ?!

disco-house is a stereotype itself about homosexuality.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I love gay music.

I'm putting on some pet shop boys right now. Then some really sexy house with some horny dude singing stupid sh!t... sings well though.
less is more

Post by less is more »

all your hands up for YMCA :lol:

music makes if someone is gay or not???

i am afraid more of those that dont look or sound gay than those people who sounds gay 8)
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

less is more wrote:all your hands up for YMCA :lol:
that's too much though :lol: