[minus59] Barem - Never Better Than Late (soon)

- wax
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

been looking at the grass growing in the garden today. Much more exciting then this release, damn, what has happened to minus :?: And you can bet it still will sell :roll:
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

PsyTox wrote:been looking at the grass growing in the garden today. Much more exciting then this release, damn, what has happened to minus :?: And you can bet it still will sell :roll:
cause its still better then most other releases ;)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

hmm, I doubt that quality has much to do with selling a lot. There's also a great deal of hype, marketing, namedropping,... involved. To give a simple example: release an EP of an unknown artist and you might not sell much, but release the same stuff but with a remix of a known artist, no matter if the remix is good or not, it'll sell better. Release the same tracks on a famous label and it'll sell more as well then on an unknown label.
It's sad, but for a lot of people these days it's not about the music but about the names and the labels and often it just becomes a hit because it's on this right combination.

I'm sure if this music would be by Dj X on label Y, it would be completely ignored. But that's just my idea of course :wink:
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

IMO I don't think Minus records every really stood alone (with a few exceptions). I think they are good tools for mixing and thats about it.

Dry minimal, what more do you expect?

Boring its just getting away to easy. Its a simple record with bass ass bass.
Last edited by gillsans on Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
crappas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crappas »

.....sounds boring, nothing happens in that tracks ---> (......................)
perlonized
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by perlonized »

Hello everyone I ultimately could not resist the urge to actively join the discussions. So her is my first post :)

I'm really liking this new minus ep!

Although I was never the biggest barem fan and I'm not really into most of the recent minus stuff this release was a welcome surprise.

Deep,dark, introspective minimal tracks with a nice groove (especially ponymal morning/then they...). Perfect for the afterhours

Keep up the good work Barem!