Your Favourite Vst's for Bass?

- ask away
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

---
Last edited by s.k. on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

hydrogen wrote: I'm still not seeing the advantages of finding the optimal points of the bass line and just looping that? Especially if your bass is like 1 bar or 1/2 bar length
the advantage is that pitch is related to tempo. shocking eh? the bigger the interval bertween two mixed sines, and the higher their pitch, - the more often the beatings occur. lower pitch and closer intervals, - more distant beatings. ever wondered why alot of dance tracks are in the same key? take some time to think about it.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote: I'm still not seeing the advantages of finding the optimal points of the bass line and just looping that? Especially if your bass is like 1 bar or 1/2 bar length
the advantage is that pitch is related to tempo. shocking eh? the bigger the interval bertween two mixed sines, and the higher their pitch, - the more often the beatings occur. lower pitch and closer intervals, - more distant beatings. ever wondered why alot of dance tracks are in the same key? take some time to think about it.
and now you've helped me solve a large part of the puzzle for me. I'm totally blown away. My current reality shattered.... demystified. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

hydrogen wrote:
s.k. wrote:
hydrogen wrote:I'm totally blown away. My current reality shattered.... demystified. :)
If you need someone to talk too...
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Keagan »

uh

automat....

reaktor

thats it
skyk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skyk »

i use linplug/rob papen albino 3, with a lil tweaking and the right filter mode you can get some really cool bass sounds out of it.

the ARP 2600V by Arturia is also pretty cool
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

This new one called valsier I just tried out this week is very nice for me-

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3037.html
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

thing is, use one synth, whatever it is, but you got to know how it works really deeper. I mean, If you know how to use really well a synth, you can make everything you want.

I'm using Linplug albino 2 (not 3), RGC zeta+, sometimes Novation BassStation and sonic charge microtonic (awesome by the way).

Anyway, sometimes I'm doing something weird. I'm using kick samples to make sub bassline, someone have already do that ? (It sound pretty good).

Of course, there are audio FX,EQ and editing on the kick ...