how technological is techno?

- ask away
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

First ive heard of it mate, it looks quality fairplay some cracking producers playing that I really like, Pheek, Redshape, Miss Fitz, Marcel Janovsky, Mark Henning, Tom Ellis & Leif, the setting looks awesome too. Ive posted it on our forum as there maybe a few takers for the evemt but we've got an event on that Friday so doubt il be able to come but good luck anyway.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

G3rard wrote:First ive heard of it mate, it looks quality fairplay some cracking producers playing that I really like, Pheek, Redshape, Miss Fitz, Marcel Janovsky, Mark Henning, Tom Ellis & Leif, the setting looks awesome too. Ive posted it on our forum as there maybe a few takers for the evemt but we've got an event on that Friday so doubt il be able to come but good luck anyway.
thats a shame mate, why not move your night to a different weekend (i'm not being cheeky, it's a shame when things clash, and its impossible to move ours now) get your mates down and i'll give you a couple of free tickets !!
just a thought,
peace
steevio

http://www.myspace.com/steevio
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

PM for you mate - think a few of the boys are up for it and il meet with them on the Saturday. :D
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: how technological is techno?

Post by nubianmindz »

Android wrote: for awhile, I too thought, DnB was on the cutting edge of production, but for the past 6/7 years (since 01) its just rehashed the same old vibe and sampled breaks over and over. (amen amen hoover hoover) zzzZZzZZzzz
|~except photek he's still cool~|

that being said, I've found new freedom to innovate in minimal techno, especially since it is very experimental [which is respected, unlike dnb where its just rehashed]

you have a lot of room and space to express your idea or concept.

8)
i tend to agree a lot with this,and I'm a d&b producer for the past 16 years so have seen it go through a lot of different stages.

it used to be totally cutting edge but since 97/98 has become progressively stale,unimaginative,un-creative,sterile and childish.

Techno,on the other hand, has gone from strength to strength and at the mo is really on form with a ton of innovative music/dj's/live shows all around the world all happening at the same time.

:shock: