What is the difference between us and the real pros ???

- ask away
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

steevio wrote:no-one can claim to be 100% original
What about Ween?! :lol:
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

sauce wrote:
steevio wrote:no-one can claim to be 100% original
What about Ween?! :lol:
99% :)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I dont produce myself but I know some up and coming guys and this is the only thing I can say.
Be original with your music. Dont copy the music which is there but try to improve it. This is what i look for when i buy records, sounds, basslines or amazing hooks i've never heard before. But thats just me. I also know plenty Deejays that will play 2 hours with the same sounding music, which is cool to i guess.
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

very interesting!

Thanks for the replies.
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

seriously ya'll

Here's the truth, hate me for saying it out loud if you like but everybody should hear this:

If the music buisness was all about just music then 70% of the people that are in the techno game would not be in it. The truth is the only thing that matters at the end of the day is a hit record. The truth is that some people reading this will make some great music that should be a hit but it's not. Maybe you'll make a great record that should be a classic but it's on the wrong label and gets passed by. Some of you may make a great record and have it on the right label but handle your buisness like an artsy fartsy asshole and piss off the wrong people and then your record gets shut out of the right persons record bag. Some of you will never make a hit because you sound too much like everybody else. Some of you will make sh!t records but are pretty enough and non-threating enough that somebody will give you a shot anyways, some will blow the shot, some will step up. Some of you will never get a hit because you jumped on the wrong bandwagon too late. Sorry to say but if you're thinking about making minimal just now you have missed the boat, the market is saturated already. Some of the people reading this will never get their head out of their ass long enough to realise that music is not all about yourself, you have to have a drive to make history. Don't make a track unless you want the sheet music to it carved in your headstone. Everybody reading this has a chance to make history, this technology we all use is at the very forefront of music so don't be afraid to push it, there's no telling what can come out of it if 100% is applied. Don't play it safe ever, tap into that universal consiousness and let it take you where it moves you. Do your buisness straight and don't let your personal feelings get wrapped up in it. Once the creative process is finished it no longer belongs to you, it belongs to everybody else. If you really believe in your music and everybody is turning a deaf ear to it just put it out yourself and let the market decide, if it flops then you'll know it's time to go back to the dojo and practice.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

^ i agree on the business part. Basically it's like anyother job in the world, you have a target customer, need PR skills, marketing...bla bla bla.

theres this old saying, 1% is talent and 99% is hard work.
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

Torque wrote:Detroit is a dojo

sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

New Guy wrote:1% is talent and 99% is hard work.
That's crap, by the way..