A request for the netlabels in general!!.

- free art
hermetico
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hermetico »

After reading some opinions in this post now I understand why there is so much noise in the netlabels. I am sorry to be hard but my patience has a limit.
If you don't like noise music, good. But don't attack it only because you don't understand it o don't like it.

Noise artists feel the music in their hearts, the same than you.... If you don't like noisy music don't seems that is bad music or without quality. Simply you don't understand it.

In the netlabels there are a lot of good noise music, experimental, drones.... let every one choose the way...

Lo siento tio... pero me ofendes cuando dices estas cosas. :wink:
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

:lol: i don't think he meant noise music.. it was just a figure of speach.
Z@P
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Z@P »

Im agree with most of the requests here, I play a lot of netlabels tracks and its very disgusting when you find a track that its like : "nameofthetrack.mp3" and doesn´t have artist name, no ID3, nothing, i think thats bad for the artist, and the netlabel.
No one of the request here its about invert some money to make thinkgs better, its just maybe 1 or 2 minutes more when you`re putting tracks name.
And i think 256kbps should be a standard, once again this doesn´t cost you nothing more.
cheers.. and sorry my bad english.
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

My thoughts:

1. Images or "digital LP artwork" is not essential to the music and can often be misleading, as the quality of the music is often much superior to the artwork. If there were no artwork at all, I would not care, as I always delete it anyway.

2. A test* done in 2000 when mp3 encoding technology was worse than todays gave statistical proof that for the average listener, discerning between a 128 kbps mp3 and CD quality is very difficult even when using top of the line audio equipment and listening actively for the differences in sound, while discerning between a 256 kbps mp3 and CD quality is nearly impossible.

3. Naming your tracks will make it easier for DJs to give you credit if someone asks for a tracklist or for what track is played. With that said, it's not so time-consuming to fix the tags for tracks anyway, and I have no complaints doing it.

For me, the biggest problem on the netlabel scene, that absolutely dwarfs the three mentioned above, is poor mastering.

* http://www.geocities.com/altbinariessou ... 3test.html
net stop wuauserv
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

zkreso wrote: For me, the biggest problem on the netlabel scene, that absolutely dwarfs the three mentioned above, is poor mastering.
...if there is any mastering at all. :?
but thats also a problem on vinyl labels. well, maybe not that big problem, but "results may vary".

edit:
on second thought: mastering is a piece of hard work, you should have the rght equipment and such, and there is a reason, why mastering studios charge money for it. you can't expect or even demand a good mastering from a netlabel.
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

cyhl wrote:there's lots of "this and that should be done" in this thread!!!!!

as much as I agree with the large majority of these "suggestions", I'd like to throw one more:

money should be donated by the happy downloader thanks to the "donate" button

:lol:
Agree, but give me a way to donate without the card i dont have...sincerly
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

Storlon wrote:
cyhl wrote:there's lots of "this and that should be done" in this thread!!!!!

as much as I agree with the large majority of these "suggestions", I'd like to throw one more:

money should be donated by the happy downloader thanks to the "donate" button

:lol:
Agree, but give me a way to donate without the card i dont have...sincerly
mmh.... i understand....
and what about sending beer, food, flowers? :wink:
amphetax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by amphetax »

As a netlabel owner i agree with all the requests. I mean.. why not. Is it hard to dedicate 15 minutes to beautify your release? make it more proffesional? and let's not even talk about usebility...

Considering the donation part.. Would there be a happier man then netlabel owner watching "his" artists getting paid for their work?
Not even Hänsel is what Gretel used to be.
http://www.audio-lab.org