or never found it
=^..^=
"bitch"
diskotek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diskotek »

patrick bateman wrote:
s.k. wrote:bring back vinyl as a solid standard. problem (and loads more) solved.
How would it solve the problem? You know it's pretty easy to copy a vinyl to mp3 right?

that's absolutely right, most of te tracks are ripped from vinyl's on p2p networks. by the way there is no difference between this promo or not promo recordings and released stuff.... the problem seem to be sharing in a illegal way...

by the way i would like ask to people who has releases and have bookings : ain't it good to be shared at slsk like p2p stuff and get well known (also had bookings around)... i'm not sure if tey earn so much from vinyl/cd sales.. or they would prefer to be well known & had much more booking with these illegal sharing stuff.

sorry i think this was not the subject.
beats not bombs...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ubuntu Studio is coming
ubuntustudio.org
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

diskotek wrote: by the way i would like ask to people who has releases and have bookings : ain't it good to be shared at slsk like p2p stuff and get well known (also had bookings around)... i'm not sure if tey earn so much from vinyl/cd sales.. or they would prefer to be well known & had much more booking with these illegal sharing stuff.
The sharing stuff is good for artists for the bookings because people know about them and they get bigger crowds sometimes. That's probably the best thing. But the thing is, sales will drop and if the records don't sell, well the label will suffer and then the artist might not be paid. I can say we pay between 150 to 500 euros per releases, depending of sales. It's not much but its better than zero.

I can see a problem today with the unreleased material being shared. Kalimari 03-04 were on slsk before the record got out and the sales were really low compared to 01-02.

Is it linked?
Hard to say. We'll never know.

But when if your favorite label close because of financial debt, maybe you might regret it. Supporting your favorite artists and labels is a way of supporting musical diversity.

I also found tracks from Kalimari 07 on Slsk and I can say we cancelled that EP. Very bad for the artist who like to get to the 12" format, much more exciting than mp3.
frisfris
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by frisfris »

personally im not supporting anymore labels are leaked on web much time before the release date on vinyl.For give you an example Trapez and traum releases are on the web much time before the release date.Im not buying anymore releases from those labels.Why i should buy those vinyls when everyone can download it for free, ages before the release date, on every p2p?
Is impossible to stop p2p sharing but labels should take care about their promotion and give the promos out close to the release date.
winston
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by winston »

you are such a hero :(
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

winston wrote:you are such a hero :(
Who are you writing to?
winston
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by winston »

frisfris
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Why is FrisFris a hero?
I guess you don't mean it, but why are you being sarcastic, and could you back it up?