Laptop opinion

- ask away
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I really didn't want o post in this thread, but that post by plusplus just really took me over the edge..

"Microsoft Windows is a joke. Office and xBox 360 are, however, solid products. Only, those won't get you anywhere in producing."

What kind of claim is that?!? If people would just say, In my opinion "insert bullshit claim here" then it would be fine.. I just don't get that people make their opinion a fact.. I won't even get into the history of what i use and what i bought and mac vs pc bullshit.. but i've been using and continue to use a PC to make music and believe me i'm fine, MORE than fine.. Who cares anyway? Everyone is comfortable with different things.. whats godo for someone might not be for someone else.. When it comes to producing music its all down to the talent you have and the amount of time you are willing to spend on it.. But to say all proffesional musicians use MAC, then uve been living under a rock for too long. I don't care if the music was made on a mac, pc or by some chopsticks and a few glass bottles.. if its good its good.. but what I really don't understand is when people push a certain system on people.. Its fair to say i prefer this or that for the following reasons, or im comfortable with this or that because... but to say PCs arent good for creative purposes and MACs are is just plain stupid.. I could keep going but im gonan stop here cuz this is all too silly.. Use what you like and what makes you comfortable.. end of story..

and plusplus, this reply isn't directed at you, I just quoted you to explain my OPINION..
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:But to say all proffesional musicians use MAC, then uve been living under a rock for too long
We all know you use a commodore64 and voodoo... :D
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

hahaha.. actually, that was my old method, now i'm using a circuit bent George Foreman's lean mean grilling machine & the vocal talents of the cuban boy i have locked up in my basement.. altho i will need a new method when he hits puberty and starts thinking with his dck.. :D
plusplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by plusplus »

Fair enough Shadi. Mac vs. PC debate is endless anyway... my opinion is just that what I said above; I think Windows is a joke. (I'm not even talking about hardware, just software.)

Not like I'm forcing him to go buy a Mac now. It's still his/her own choice.

Oh and I didn't say that all professionals use a Mac, I said almost all.

Greets,
++
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Cool man, fair enuff.. and sorry if i misquoted or misread.. was/still am on very little sleep.. But if windows is a joke then that makes me a joker.. but oh well.. works for me so i'm happy.. and yeah the Mac vs Pc vs cavemen with rocks debate is endless..

i think we can all agree that whats important is what comes out of the speaker.. when i hear a tune that i like, I couldn't care less what it was made on or what the producer had for breakfast that day..

Lets just say that a PAC is the best system for ALL creative people.. that way PC users and MAC users are all happy and can sleep well at night.. 8)
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

The thing you've got to check is what OS you'll get with the laptop, as every laptop sold now will have vista and there are no drivers or updates available for now for most softawre & soundcard drivers...i had the same problem with windows media center edition, had to buy a windows xp pro...you can have them for cheap, big computer shops sell oem versions around 150€.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

another important thing is that whatever you end up with buying, make sure the mac/computer got enough memory (ram) and that you buy a good usb/firewire soundcard (if computer at least, not sure how good the soundcard in a macbook is)
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote:The thing you've got to check is what OS you'll get with the laptop, as every laptop sold now will have vista and there are no drivers or updates available for now for most softawre & soundcard drivers...i had the same problem with windows media center edition, had to buy a windows xp pro...you can have them for cheap, big computer shops sell oem versions around 150€.
You mean my xp software programs aren't running on vista? It's not downwards compatible? Then that's a good hint, thanx.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)