Dancing Minimal...

- open
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

pizzamon wrote:O.K. I just read this entire thread, and there is something I gotta' say. I think there is another thread about snobs that fits this nicely. I thought the point of all this was to promote minimal music in culture. Instead of busting on the guy, lets try educating. You are going to have to find a way to deal with more people becoming interested in the culture if you plan on promoting it. I think the worst are the guys trying to make a living of the concept of minimal music, who encourage people to dance to it, who then crack jokes at a guy who likes what he is doing. You can't have it both ways. You can either promote more minimal culture in the mainstream, or you can try to kill it off. So, which is going to be?
minimal culture in the mainstream? lol. that's why most of minimal techno records coming out these days are sh!t. it's already been killed mate.

and if you're asking for tips on dancing, you're probably too much worried about what others will think of you @ a party. feeling the music is all there is to it. how you express yourself through body movement and language is something totally personal and it really depends on if you're enjoying what you are listening to. there's not much more to it. just dance, like mr v says.

else, go have tango-dancing lessons. should be much funnier.
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

Celltek wrote:I once saw a guy at a mnml party, buzzing off his tits while dancing like the guy in this next video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYQ8Ia0lHiw

:mrgreen:
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Really, unless you were into Minimal music in the 50s and rocking out to Musique Concrete and listening to artists like Edgar Varese -- then your a fucken no good pouser and need to get off this forum, like now --- srsly.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I don't really have any moves, I drink a bit, and then I just do what feels right :wink:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

antonio_pt wrote:and if you're asking for tips on dancing, you're probably too much worried about what others will think of you @ a party. feeling the music is all there is to it.
that is so right
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

pizzamon wrote:O.K. I just read this entire thread, and there is something I gotta' say. I think there is another thread about snobs that fits this nicely. I thought the point of all this was to promote minimal music in culture. Instead of busting on the guy, lets try educating. You are going to have to find a way to deal with more people becoming interested in the culture if you plan on promoting it. I think the worst are the guys trying to make a living of the concept of minimal music, who encourage people to dance to it, who then crack jokes at a guy who likes what he is doing. You can't have it both ways. You can either promote more minimal culture in the mainstream, or you can try to kill it off. So, which is going to be?
Jeez. Loosen up a bit. I dont think anyone here is interested in excluding dear XSO. It's just pretty hilarious to ask for minimal dance-moves - apart from the obvious irony of the concept - techno has, in my opinion, never been about how you look, how you dance and all that. That must be something a guy so oldschool as you ( :roll: ) could agree with. I think that's why we're advising the guy to just go out and dance however he likes. Stand and nod with a beer in his hand. Whatever, as long as he's enjoying it
Cloud Catcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cloud Catcher »

Robot Criminal wrote:cant get any cooler than that! 8) 8) 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lILBoIbh ... ed&search=
emm...well...check out little superstar, cool tune too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLa6dzVN_AU
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

Cloud Catcher wrote: emm...well...check out little superstar, cool tune too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLa6dzVN_AU
that's video of the year for me. couldn't stop laughing!!!