[CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

- wax
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

Post by whatever »

too much of what? too much of gemini?... i can never get too much of that beautiful music...
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

whatever wrote:too much of what? too much of gemini?... i can never get too much of that beautiful music...

Yes, but too much of rereleasing his entire back stock catalogue.

You should know it better
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

well, i have a different opinion on this matter. due to smaller financial possibilities, i enjoy the reissues of maybe my favourite house producer. i enjoy represses in general. i can afford them. i don't agree with paying too much for records. there's plenty of music out there at decent prices. and if i really want something i will get it eventually, find it lost in an obscure record shop... or whatever... it's a discussion that already took place here on this forum, i'm not saying anything new ...
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

yes you are right, this discussion is old and everybody has its own perception

But is it satisfied to live with a repress? You are playing vinyl. Its a little bit confusing.
On the other side you have to be unique by digging special records on the other side you play a record from an idol of your music which is a record that is easy available?

One thing is cool, i heard spencer is reactivated! With help of this repress series i hope we hear more from him soon.

I dont know
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

dirddey_iddler wrote: On the other side you have to be unique by digging special records on the other side you play a record from an idol of your music which is a record that is easy available?
It's all about striking a good balance between known and unknown records. I used to be of the opinion that one should focus as much as possible on unknown records. Lately I have come to the conclusion that this is bullshit for two reasons. First of all good music is good music, no matter how famous the track. Secondly what is ''easy available'' or a classic in your opinion is often unknown to the broad public or even other (experienced) DJ's. Also in a few years these records will be forgotten by the next generation. Look at how many people had forgotten about Mark Ambrose, Nail, Steve O'Sullivan, Gemini, etc.
I do understand the pain of people who own these records, and I have felt it before with other represses. However if your record collection is big enough, it should make no difference at all. Though I am very familiar with the discography of Gemini, I am still missing a large part of the collection. So I am happily buying these represses :)
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

dirddey_iddler wrote:But is it satisfied to live with a repress?
Who the fck cares if it's a repress and not the original? As long as the pressing quality is good it should all be fine and dandy. Your way of thinking is obviously that of a collector, not of a DJ.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Papa Bear wrote:Who the fck cares if it's a repress and not the original? As long as the pressing quality is good it should all be fine and dandy. Your way of thinking is obviously that of a collector, not of a DJ.
But you understand don't not. A repress is not find good records, are you satisfied wiz not payed 70 euros for the original in bad conidition. Repressse iz vrong. They is not ze same!
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

breton wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Who the fck cares if it's a repress and not the original? As long as the pressing quality is good it should all be fine and dandy. Your way of thinking is obviously that of a collector, not of a DJ.
But you understand don't not. A repress is not find good records, are you satisfied wiz not payed 70 euros for the original in bad conidition. Repressse iz vrong. They is not ze same!
:lol:

But is it satisfied to live with a repress? You are playing vinyl. Its a little bit confusing.

whats confusing? the product is exactly the same. the time of said release is the only difference.