Is Minus becoming the Get Physical of minimal?

- wax
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

pheek wrote:Cyhl was just sarcastic...
no, I was serious: I try to never be sarcastic on message boards, that leads to too many misunderstanding (obviously I forget this when I'm drunk :lol:)

but "interesting" doesn't mean that I agree with what's being said, far from this! it's just more interesting to read than all those threads with 50 mono-line posts!

haters usually spell their hate on successfull people/projects (see my post on independent thinking above), so obviously m_nus has to have its haters... and yeah, f...ck them!
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

I dig most of the minus releases. I'm into the music but there is a bit too much hype around them at the minute for my liking and it annoys me slightly that when they're released you have already heard them 1,000,000 times (slight exageration) in various dj sets in the previous 5/6 months before the release.

I realise that this is a good marketing angle and generates alot of interest for the records (and no doubt makes them sell alot more copies) but by the time they are available I'm usually sick of hearing them :? .

I still end up buying most of them tho :D

The min2max coming up has alot of up and coming producers on there so you have to give them credit for giving people a break and moving forward with new artists. Hopefully it gets released before it's been played to death tho!

Fair play to them for making the label so successful and there are plenty of other labels with quality releases so it's no big deal really.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i think people generally love to hate. If Perfecto put out a "minimal explosion" album....and the tracks were the sickest sh!t you ever heard in your fucken life!.... are you gonna pretend it doesnt exist and not hear it or play it?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

fucken coffee...that might be a lil extreme there, and i would hope that never happened.....but it is what it is
rc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rc »

jay haze wrote:
if there is nothing constructive to say - why not keep it minimal ? say nothing at all
:x :x :x :x :x :x

absolutely perfect mr. haze, i hope to run into you in april/may when i'm in berlin.

cheers!
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

bazz001 wrote:I realise that this is a good marketing angle and generates alot of interest for the records (and no doubt makes them sell alot more copies) but by the time they are available I'm usually sick of hearing them :? .
The best way to avoid this is not to download and listen every day to the new 'hot' Richie, Magda or Troy set that is around. If people wouldn't be doing that, they wouldn't get tired of hearing them IMHO, and would be fresher at the time they arrive to the stores. Which is the need to be listening to those sets all the time, in my personal case i like to listen to them but my priorities are not to check what Magda played in XXXX Club, but check the lot of records that came out every week, make tracks and lot of other things that take a lot of time. I think that things are more important for a DJ/Producer than checking what they played, of course they're great DJs, play great tracks and the guys 'create' information everytime, but what makes them unique is not just that, it's how they handle the crowd and read the club atmosphere and that facts can't be seen on a digital recording of a set, and for me it's the most important thing. Today music is easy to get, and newer or older, anyone can play good music, what makes a DJ different are other facts that can't be seen on a digital recording of a clubnight.

All the best,
Jorge
TroySilver
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TroySilver »

Some people are ALWAYS going to hate the fact that any label recieves the "cool-factor" and overall success that M_nus has achieved. It doesn't matter if they put out top quality content like Ryan Crosson's Box Escape EP with all four tracks being winners. People will still hate on it, just because it's M_nus.

The real title to this thread should have been "I'm sick of M_nus releases -- are you?" because it all boils down to personal opinion.
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

"m_nus" .... how do you pronounce that???

:?