[UNDERSTAND002] Praslesh – Out of time EP

- wax
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [UNDERSTAND002] Praslesh – Out of time EP

Post by A-Dreamer »

You get 10 grams of vinyl per euro. Bargain. :green:
I've seen a description somewhere that the duo were shy to release this; well, given the frequent plays of these tracks in their sets, I feel like this release has been around for at least a year. Catchy B-side, though. It kinda sounds like Anonym - Hart Plaza (Minimal Man Remix)
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

blitz track sounds kind of mediocre and the ambitime track is like a breath of nothing.. additionally the teatime track comes now without the piano.. -squint

selling this for 18 euros is a bad joke.. i really like those artists and deejays and tho i have been looking forward to this since ages, i just have to pass on it now.. can't support the developement of increasing prices.. :(

patrick bateman wrote:lol, 18 euro, for mediocre tool-house music. Welcome to 2011.
nah, it's not that bad.. the teatime track is still better than 90% of all the stuff beeing released these days.. and i can hear that those guys are ambitious, the blitz track might be better than the sample let's you think.. anyway it's not mediocre tool house like area remote, cecille and that stuff..
Last edited by roland on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

wonder how much these will be going for on discogs. might be worth a punt, just to buy it and if you dont like sell it and make a profit.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

::BLM:: wrote:wonder how much these will be going for on discogs. might be worth a punt, just to buy it and if you dont like sell it and make a profit.
the first release is listet from 45 to 60 euros.. but i highly doubt that people really buy it for that price..

plus there are way too many people who think exactly this way.. just look at the christi cons release...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas ... 2303&ev=rb

just a bunch of dickheads who bought these limited stocks just to make profit around a hype..
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

yeah but nobody buys them for these prices... which is a good thing.
capa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by capa »

i think the blitz bitz track is amazing , like the whole release actually . also love the atmosphere in ambitime.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

I wonder if it's the label itself or the online shop who makes the prices this high. I'm losing faith in some of the DJ's I respected so much, due to this greedy behaviour. Exactly the opposite of 'underground' and 'It's all about the music' if you ask me. But on the other hand, I can't imagine that for these producers/DJ's, this price increase matters, because the total extra profit they make if they sell all of these records, is less than what they get when they play a 2 hour set in Ibiza or so. If I were them, I wouldn't risk losing my face in the scene for the extra 1500-2000€ or so... That's why I think the shops are the ones increasing prices. Does anybody know more about this?
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Kiani wrote:I wonder if it's the label itself or the online shop who makes the prices this high. I'm losing faith in some of the DJ's I respected so much, due to this greedy behaviour. Exactly the opposite of 'underground' and 'It's all about the music' if you ask me. But on the other hand, I can't imagine that for these producers/DJ's, this price increase matters, because the total extra profit they make if they sell all of these records, is less than what they get when they play a 2 hour set in Ibiza or so. If I were them, I wouldn't risk losing my face in the scene for the extra 1500-2000€ or so... That's why I think the shops are the ones increasing prices. Does anybody know more about this?
Obviously Cristi and Vlad didn't start this label to make a profit. Think about it, how profitable can a limited vinyl only label be? If they really wanted to make money they would make it digitally available and make an unlimited pressing. Obviously it are the shops who are increasing the prices. Also if you haven't had the previous release in your hand. The pressing was very good quality, good mastering and the artwork is very nice as well. Of course this adds up to the costs as well.
All the artists involved in this project seem really genuine and seem to just be guys who love music. To be honest, I can't imagine they would drive up the prices for extra profit.