DEMF 2011

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

oblioblioblio wrote:fck off man... anyone can do that by accident. honest mistake to make imo.

we've had hundreds of people at bunker, i've seen hundreds of dj's play in both nyc, detroit, and abroad, and i've been playing for 15years...

and i've maybe seen someone take the needle off the wrong record, at best, twice.

at the professional level, that should never happen, if you ask me.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i've done it several times, and also pressed stop on the wrong ableon track, even when I've been concentrating very hard and in control of my brain.

in that situation it's all about the recovery that makes it unnacceptable or not.

having said that, I just dj for fun, although I am a serious musician, so maybe someone who djs frequently has less excuses.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

oblioblioblio wrote:in that situation it's all about the recovery that makes it unnacceptable or not.

and even that ricardo failed at - he pulled the needle off / hit stop on the cdj, stood there, laughed at himself, waved, and THEN restarted it after like 4sec of silence.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

can we organise an intervention? book him for a gig and have everyone sit down with him and say, look, ricardo, we want you back.

unfortunately only the ibiza crowd can afford his fees and they only want his name to cheer at :(
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

Complacency, has gotten the best of Ricky. It's a shame.
crease
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crease »

and even that ricardo failed at - he pulled the needle off / hit stop on the cdj, stood there, laughed at himself, waved, and THEN restarted it after like 4sec of silence.
====

Funny you mention that, he done the exact same thing when he was playing in Melbourne last year. Oddly the crowd seemed to enjoy the skipping more than the music.

Dygas set is the only one ive listened to so far, was overly fussed but then I find it hard to get excited over house these days.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

he also did this in bucharest in 2007 when he stopped one of rhadoo's tracks

meh
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

cloutier wrote:we've had hundreds of people at bunker, i've seen hundreds of dj's play in both nyc, detroit, and abroad, and i've been playing for 15years...

and i've maybe seen someone take the needle off the wrong record, at best, twice.

at the professional level, that should never happen, if you ask me.
well i've been playing for 10 years, but for this time the most irritating thing has been one dj talking sh!t about another. excuse me but who the fck are you to say what is acceptable? a resident dj at a club, be it a nice one? go make some music and then talk, but thats not as easy as talking sh!t on a forum.

as far as i'm concerned, ricardo has earned the right to stand there and press the start/stop button whenever he feels like it (yes he does it on purpose, so people like you can talk about how wrong it is). also, no need for "old" ricardo for me... the cafe del mar remix is one of the best sounding tracks i've heard in ages, no - i repeat - no one can yet do it like this, on this planet.

plus, its only a dj set, what did you expect? the guy played what he felt like playing... mediocre this mediocre that.. go figure.