mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

::BLM:: wrote:
ChrisCV wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
ChrisCV wrote:The Bomb, Nottingham

+1

Although in its later days it was sh!t. I remember playing there and a load of chavs started a big fight which got very messy.
yeah it did go a bit naff towards the end.. the whole place looked a bit tired...

but the parties near the end before it closed were good...
and the first and second closing parties ridiculous! even managed to play a few records in the main room for the closing party.
Was that when Tolfrey and Congreve played? I was there right till the very end!
yep... I played the last set before they kicked everyone out, then tolfrey and congreve played to whoever stuck about... unfortunately i was too shattered to stay :( i'd been out all day at the notts uni summer party, then straight to the bomb from there... was a messy messy day.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

You must have been studying there the same time as me then. I was at Confetti Studios though behind the big Oceana. I guess I might even know you.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

ah yeah i know the place... never went in there though... i had won some beginners studio time.. but being a lazy student never really got round to it...

i vaguely knew a guy who worked there called lewis boardman? i think he tried to do the chibuku nights for a bit at stealth... and his DJ turntablist friend Fever?

don't think i've met you though... didn't really hang out with folk on "the scene", mainly more my uni mates... but i probs did know a few people from the circles you hung in..
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

ChrisCV wrote:ah yeah i know the place... never went in there though... i had won some beginners studio time.. but being a lazy student never really got round to it...

i vaguely knew a guy who worked there called lewis boardman? i think he tried to do the chibuku nights for a bit at stealth... and his DJ turntablist friend Fever?

don't think i've met you though... didn't really hang out with folk on "the scene", mainly more my uni mates... but i probs did know a few people from the circles you hung in..
I know both the people you mentioned. Lewis used to play at the bomb too, he was my tutor.