Snow leopard (idiot question.)

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Spurn wrote:sigh, got my new imac, but my edirol fa-66 audio interface isnt being recognized by it. bad enough i had to buy a new firewire cable since the new imacs have that new firewire, 800 i think it is. ive googled and found a few ppl with similar cases but their solutions to the problem dont seem to be my solution.
have you checked for any new drivers?
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah, its supposed to just install the drivers automatically which it did when i started using it with my macbook but when i hook it up to my new imac it doesnt do anything. there're no drivers on their site to download for mac, theyre all for windows.

i read about others who have had this/similar problems w/ this interface and snow leopard but got it to work so yeah i'll keep trying to figure it out.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Spurn wrote:yeah, its supposed to just install the drivers automatically which it did when i started using it with my macbook but when i hook it up to my new imac it doesnt do anything. there're no drivers on their site to download for mac, theyre all for windows.

i read about others who have had this/similar problems w/ this interface and snow leopard but got it to work so yeah i'll keep trying to figure it out.
Have you thought about contacting the Edirol support?
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

I m running Snow Leopard and Live 8.0.9.... and to be honest I have seriously less crashed than with the 8.0.5 and previous.

But I will wait until upgrading to 8.1.1
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah Patrick, ive emailed their support. I'm waiting on a reply.

funny thing is, i kinda need a new audio interface anyway, but not like this. not like this...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

patrick bateman wrote:
PsyTox wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Depre wrote:well my new iMac should be arriving sometime this week,
i guess i will see how snow leopard works with my software soon enough.
i probably need to upgrade some programs anyway, im still on 8.0.5 live
I read so much bad about the 8.1.1 release, so I would stay on 8.0.5 if I were you until a new release is out...
As far as I remember Ableton don't recommend 8.1.1 to be used at gigs..
having so many crashes lately with Ableton 8.0.6 that I just went back to logic for a while :lol:
I'm on 8.0.4, and experienced my first Ableton crash ever, 2 weeks ago.
Besides this one crash, it's been working rock solid!
think it's more of a combination of things really, Massive and Ableton don't seem to like each other much. Unfortunately I work mostly with Massive to make tunes so deciding which one had to change was easy.
Now making everything in Logic and everything works fine... software :roll:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote: think it's more of a combination of things really, Massive and Ableton don't seem to like each other much. Unfortunately I work mostly with Massive to make tunes so deciding which one had to change was easy.
No problems with Massive / Ableton combination here..
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

patrick bateman wrote:
PsyTox wrote: think it's more of a combination of things really, Massive and Ableton don't seem to like each other much. Unfortunately I work mostly with Massive to make tunes so deciding which one had to change was easy.
No problems with Massive / Ableton combination here..
Few problems here also with Massive, often when I load a preset Ableton crashed !!!