New monitors: Which one do I choose?

- ask away
harvoir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by harvoir »

steevio wrote:i'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that i compared KRK's against Mackie HR824s when i was buying my monitors, and the KRKs sounded boxey and were much less detailed than the mackies.
i bought the mackies, and love them.
a few people say the mackies have too much bass, i think thats nonsense.
ive had six different sets of monitors over the years, all fairly good quality, and the mackies are easily the best.

This is getting moody. I've been trying to get krk's for a week now. All sold out & no distributor in Uk so long wait. Heard 828's the other day and admit they had a very tight low end/. I've read the krk's were comparable on here.

splott boy.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

harvoir wrote: This is getting moody. I've been trying to get krk's for a week now. All sold out & no distributor in Uk so long wait. Heard 828's the other day and admit they had a very tight low end/. I've read the krk's were comparable on here.

splott boy.
when i bought the mackies, i originally intended to buy the KRK's because of good reviews, so my advice is, dont listen to my advice, listen to the speakers, and always take a CD of your own material to the store, or you'll be comparing monitors with ' Euphoric Dance Anthems 47'
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

I auditioned some mackies against my krk's not sure which they were but they cost £1200, and the krk's sounded better all round, much clearer bottom end, could feel the bass they got that deep. I'd say go audition em both, that way you'll know for sure which is best for you.
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

i have event tr8s.

i dig em.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

Fostex PM-2

unknown but great monitors
Misjah
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Misjah »

The way a studio monitor sounds in a store can be totaly differend compared to your own room . If you are serious aboud monioring you neat to fix your room first . And after that you want a fullrange mid / main system but those are way to expencive for most .
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

yorkville ysm 1ps :)

so sweet
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

it doesnt really matter a massive deal how they sound in store, it's going to take your ears at least a good 4-6 months to truely get used to nearfield monitoring in general, and the individual nuance's of whatever monitor you end up choosing

If they are nearfield and fairly well respected you cant go far wrong
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores