mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

man, his music is boring...
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

He's speaking the truth! And so what there's not much minimal left anyways. It's al gay house.
you are what you tweed
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

tone-def wrote:is he still doing all that hard tribal stuff? i use to love all that stuff, it got me into techno. but i changed to minimal because at the time it was a lot more interesting and funky. all those records on theory, primate and whatever the fck they were called all sound the same.
true. If Sims plays his records on 33rpm he could just pass them off for a cadenza tune: a bass, african bongos and some negro chants.
It's a bit painful that he rants on about music that's essentially the same stuff he made years ago (and has been making for 10 years). How people like him can continue doing that same thing over and over and over is beyond me.
Anyway, I don't buy his records so it doesn't bother me 8)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's funny that his most famous tune was an Adam Beyer remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b1R5K-eZ7E
Last edited by tone-def on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Not sure which is worse, jumping onto a bandwagon, or pushing the same tired sound for 10 years and stagnating.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Sony Amano wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Agreed. If you don't know who ben sims is... google or youtube it. A legend IMO... but forward thinking in 2010? maybe not... we'll see what his next moves are.
lol hah good one :D

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity, discordance, or unintended connection that goes beyond the most evident meaning. :lol:
mm-hm..mm-hm..mm-hm
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

miniKAT wrote:
Sony Amano wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Agreed. If you don't know who ben sims is... google or youtube it. A legend IMO... but forward thinking in 2010? maybe not... we'll see what his next moves are.
lol hah good one :D

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity, discordance, or unintended connection that goes beyond the most evident meaning. :lol:
mm-hm..mm-hm..mm-hm
:D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

back to chin stroking?
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50