they'd better send their records over there by UPS
other dj's have done so in the past for touring
that would cost a lot less than 8000 freakin' euros

then all you need is a tourist visa to get in the country
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

as a DJ with records u cannot get in US with tourist visa. at the boarder they search your name, find out the party and u get interdiction for working illegaly.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

whatever wrote:as a DJ with records u cannot get in US with tourist visa. at the boarder they search your name, find out the party and u get interdiction for working illegaly.
Worked fine for me the one time I was there. But okay, I'm no real DJ because I don't use vinyl anymore (except for those 2 pieces called Serato control vinyls)... :)
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

patrick bateman wrote:Worked fine for me the one time I was there. But okay, I'm no real DJ because I don't use vinyl anymore (except for those 2 pieces called Serato control vinyls)... :)

oh here we go again...

doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

patrick bateman wrote:
whatever wrote:as a DJ with records u cannot get in US with tourist visa. at the boarder they search your name, find out the party and u get interdiction for working illegaly.
Worked fine for me the one time I was there. But okay, I'm no real DJ because I don't use vinyl anymore (except for those 2 pieces called Serato control vinyls)... :)
i've heard of several dj's who sent their records by UPS, got in the country with a tourist visum and then got their records from the promotor or whoever they knew over there... but with a laptop, you should be find :-)
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

So every Dj in Miami at WMC plays digital?
Elektric Salsa
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

slickrick wrote:
So every Dj in Miami at WMC plays digital?
Wasn't it Davide Squilace who should play at DEMF and wasn't admitted entrance because they knew his name from the poster (and he was on tourist visum)... ?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

zip also got denied entrance to detroit last year after coming over from new york.. * also had records

the security at the airport contacted the promoters and was told : he's not going to be released in detroit.. : strong possibility this is the new process..

* and I've also head about them "looking your name up" as well..