Do you ever feel inferior when you hear outstanding tracks?

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

First off i'm new to this site, but I am very impressed by the sincerity of all the postings. It's so nice to see one person helping another, it inevitably helps us all gain confidence in our production endeavours.
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

@knoppnicker: irony or not, what I said still works for your considerations.
you're talking about irony because of the drug issue?

I must admit I hate irony especially when I don't get it: english is not my first language, it's sometime uneasy for me to get hidden meanings. I feel like being owned.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

humeka wrote:@knoppnicker: irony or not, what I said still works for your considerations.

I must admit I hate irony especially when I don't get it: english is not my first language, it's sometime uneasy for me to get hidden meanings. I feel like being owned.
Humeka has always been owned. :D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

@Dusk, i just listened to your tracks the other night and have been meaning to write something about them.

i think they sound really accomplished and proffesional, really focused. the music is not at all what i thought it would sound like also, which is good. i like the tracks, they aren't a style of music i would really be familiar with but i can be a bit limited sometimes.

anyway, just keep making the tracks you love, they'd be released by any label with that sound/feeling i'd say.
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

sven laux wrote:Humeka has always been owned. :D
sorry off topic I know... but by who? give me their names! :oops:
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

Atheory wrote:@Dusk, i just listened to your tracks the other night and have been meaning to write something about them.

i think they sound really accomplished and proffesional, really focused. the music is not at all what i thought it would sound like also, which is good. i like the tracks, they aren't a style of music i would really be familiar with but i can be a bit limited sometimes.

anyway, just keep making the tracks you love, they'd be released by any label with that sound/feeling i'd say.
You're too kind, again, and I now feel a bit self centred (I look like the guy who was promoting himself through faux-anxiety.)

Well, I suppose I wish I was making the kinds of sounds you ARE familiar with actually; not cos it's you (obviously) but because I look up to the kinds of people I imagine you like. Those who sound unique; with a signature sound; certainly not using familiar or "stock" elements.

On the up side, I'm having a bit of a sound design breakthrough right now. I will be adding a new techno track to the "locker" pretty soon! (Thanks to the mnml crew!)
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

humeka wrote:@knoppnicker: irony or not, what I said still works for your considerations.

for sure the drug-thing. as i really would become an cocaine-addict. :roll:
the :shock: nearly screams "hey look! this was irony!"
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

^^^
i dont think your music sounded like it was stock sounds though, just the mood/feeling is something i havent come across a lot, but thats not a bad thing. i have huge gaps of knowledge in dance music (whole genres have passed me by, just not enough time i guess)

i must send u some of my shambly, battered tracks to cheer you up!